Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The corona virus thread

Doesn't give you the shits either but no one is listening to that advice. :laughing-rolling:

I heard, from a reliable source (and he got it from his mate on Facebook who works in parliament) that Skittles also help cure it. Who wuda thought ;)

Buys shares in skittles company
I already had a 1000 skittles shares, but I'll buy some more as your source is so reliable, also went to the supermarket to buy some skittles but the cupboard was bare, I might risk a trip to the Pub tonight to see if they have any left in their alley.

Self isolation, social distancing, can't go out, well thank God for Gold Radio online or DAB, 60s, 70s, & 80s music only, also Gold TV on Sky, endless repeats of all the best, like, Last of the Summer Wine, Porridge, Open all Hours, The Good Life, Only Fools, and all the other oldies but goodies. :):thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Boris is going to have to increase the sentence for infanticide (expanded to include all children 16 and below) as we are only Day 3 and the current life tariff is starting to look attractive.

The funny thing about the panic buying is that it is probably the same societal group that all congregated at the beach yesterday.

Self isolation, social distancing, can't go out …..

Just a normal day/12 weeks in the workshop then . . .

Finish renovating the big lathe . . . .
Finish renewing the screws & nuts on the old lathe . . .
Top-end overhaul on the RAV4 . . .
Weld new sills into the '100' . . .
Finally get to replace the sills on the '90' . . .
Speak to wife . . . .

Life goes on as normal :thumbup:.

Bob.
:lol:

I nipped into a local Wickes yesterday for a few bits and pieces and the till guy said they’d been very busy. I can see an awful lot of overdue DIY/home improvements getting done over the next few weeks.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just a normal day/12 weeks in the workshop then . . .

Do you listen to the radio in the workshop?:thumbup:

Your just showing off getting all that done in 12 weeks. :):)

Theres an 'Oxymoron' for you, speak to wife...life goes on as normal. :laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

Do you need some help, I promise to stay 6.56168 feet or 0.00107991 of a nautical mile, or more away from any work that needs doing. Or even fit a webcam then we all could keep an eye on your progress. :laughing-rolling:

Good Luck.

I nipped into a local Wickes yesterday for a few bits and pieces and the till guy said they’d been very busy. I can see an awful lot of overdue DIY/home improvements getting done over the next few weeks.

Shes making those kind of noises here and i'm all for it if they kick her out of work because she really doesn't get that i can't destroy , enlarge and refit the bathroom without waking her or the nieghbours , she works nights .

Its all money though which might yet make her change her tune while there's no end in sight .

4278-7906281-Ash_Shorley_32_is_fighting_for_his_life_in_Thailand_and_is_feare-m-24_1579513430980.jpg

Ash Shorley survived but a hospital only just managed to save him because he is very obviously old , weak and otherwise unhealthy unlike the thousands who visited Barry Island this weekend . The beauty of facebook is we can laugh at them when they are crying and looking for sympathy on there 2 weeks from now .

I can understand some people not liking being told what to do by the Govenment, I don't, but when you've got down right fools purposely trying to endanger other peoples lives with the mass gatherings over the weekend, then I'm sorry to say they deserve what they get.

To the people that are defying the Govenment advice just out of spite, it's not the the Govenment telling you what to do, it's the scientists trying to do their best for you, just like all the doctors and nurses that are having to work on the front line, putting their own lives at risk just to treat irresponsible people like you.

The picture below is of a trailer that had been dragged across the entrance to a car park, at Bala Lake by a local that didn't want their children and other loved ones to catch Covid-19 from idiot out of town visitors, that cannot heed warnings.

I wonder how many idiots would swim in Bala lake if the Govenment 'told them not to' because it's full of 'Piranhas'

_111386148_img_4574.jpg
Only thing wrong with the picture, it's not a Land Cruiser pulling the trailer. :)

View attachment 164579

Ash Shorley survived but a hospital only just managed to save him because he is very obviously old , weak and otherwise unhealthy unlike the thousands who visited Barry Island this weekend . The beauty of facebook is we can laugh at them when they are crying and looking for sympathy on there 2 weeks from now .

Isn't this the fella who the doctors treating him said didn't have COVID-19?

Details are scarce Rob i was just looking for an example to show there is no immunity young or old . I think Shorley may have been one of those they made the horrifying discovery that this virus is mutating at an astonishing rate . That in my mind is the real panic Gov's are trying to hide , slow the spread because every time it mutates/evolves all medical research towards a cure is null and void .

I already had a 1000 skittles shares, but I'll buy some more as your source is so reliable, also went to the supermarket to buy some skittles but the cupboard was bare, I might risk a trip to the Pub tonight to see if they have any left in their alley.
I have a big bag of Skittles in my cupboard. I'll keep and trade for toilet paper.

Self isolation, social distancing, can't go out, well thank God for Gold Radio online or DAB, 60s, 70s, & 80s music only, also Gold TV on Sky, endless repeats of all the best, like, Last of the Summer Wine, Porridge, Open all Hours, The Good Life, Only Fools, and all the other oldies but goodies. :):thumbup:
With my wife at work today and me at home alone working I relived my teenage years and listened to Alanis Morissette at full blast most of the morning. Garbage in the afternoon not yet sure about tomorrow.

Details are scarce Rob i was just looking for an example to show there is no immunity young or old . I think Shorley may have been one of those they made the horrifying discovery that this virus is mutating at an astonishing rate . That in my mind is the real panic Gov's are trying to hide , slow the spread because every time it mutates/evolves all medical research towards a cure is null and void .

Why pick an example with scarce details then? Especially when all the scarce details from the doctors and the family say he did not have it. That's confirmation bias.

All RNB viruses mutate and we can create vaccines for them. We do have to understand how the mutations occur, in what pattern.

Yes like you i spent 40 years studying medical science , or perhaps i just wanted to go down barry island with a baseball bat and inflict some very immediate consequences because i'm sick of reading about it .

Perhaps you can give us an educated answer to how long an animal virus typically takes to transmit to humans and then evolve so it can spread from human to human and adapt again so it can survive longer . Obviously they are all different but i expect the answer to be in years not weeks .

Back