Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The corona virus thread

This is getting close to home, Maria's cousin died yesterday of the virus. He was 47 and had no underlying health issues.
I have to leave the house this evening for an MRI scan and have been told I must attend, so I will be careful but won't be leaving the house/yard for the foreseeable future.
Stay safe chaps and chapesses.
You stay safe as well, sorry to hear about the Cousin, and I hope all's well with the MRI, I spent 35 minutes in one once, bloody noisy things, other than that I found it quite relaxing.

Good Luck.

You stay safe as well, sorry to hear about the Cousin, and I hope all's well with the MRI, I spent 35 minutes in one once, bloody noisy things, other than that I found it quite relaxing.

Good Luck.

TBF its not my first one but you're right, its a noisy affair. Last time I fell asleep and had to be woken up to stop moving about. Hopefully this should confirm that my battle with throat cancer since last July has been succesful. I'll have to wait till my next consultation to find out though.
Having had the radiotherapy my immune system has been severely compromised so I am having to be doubly careful having been warned by the rather excellent NHS to self isolate.

TBF its not my first one but you're right, its a noisy affair. Last time I fell asleep and had to be woken up to stop moving about. Hopefully this should confirm that my battle with throat cancer since last July has been succesful. I'll have to wait till my next consultation to find out though.
Having had the radiotherapy my immune system has been severely compromised so I am having to be doubly careful having been warned by the rather excellent NHS to self isolate.
And theres me worring about Hypertension :laughing-rolling:

So the 2 meter rule is most important to you, like say, Good luck. :thumbup:

This is getting close to home, Maria's cousin died yesterday of the virus. He was 47 and had no underlying health issues.
I have to leave the house this evening for an MRI scan and have been told I must attend, so I will be careful but won't be leaving the house/yard for the foreseeable future.

Hi Andy - sorry to hear about the cousin. Good luck with the MRI. As you say, best to bunker down. Stay safe.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Have a listen to Corona Virus Rhapsody. Original music by Queen, with someone else's lyrics (unknown).
Absolutely brilliant, very topical, could be no. 1 ?
Very professionally done.

All the best Andy, Glad you had some positive news regarding the Cancer, Stay well mate!.....Last time i was in an MRI Scanner.... They pulled me back out because i didn't realise the pins in my teeth would mess me and things up...Good job they hadn't turned it on....

Sorry to hear that Andy, hope all goes well with the MRI and you're back home safe quickly.

I can sympathise with you over the hospital visit Andy, I have to visit three times a week and I am constantly worried. I have a half empty 5ltr container of isopropyl alcohol (kills the virus) and carry a small puffer bottle of the stuff with me wherever I go, puff here, puff there everywhere a puff puff.

I'm pretty sure the hygiene precautions taken for guys like you Andy and Chas who have to attend appointments for ongoing treatment will be as good as its possible to get but I can certainly understand you concern. I was due a Laproscopy appt, for an ongoing health issue, at The Northern General in Sheffield last Friday and received a cancellation/postponement call 2 days before but I expected it TBH. I'm also due a scan at the Hallamshire next Tuesday. Not heard anything yet but I'm fully expecting that to be cancelled.

Im sorry to hear that Andy , its always a blow to loose someone close , you never get used to it.I hope it goes well with the MRI results.

Thanks for your good thoughts lads, TBF I'd never met him as he lives in Cyprus.
Back from the MRI scan having driven on deserted roads there and back, eerie to be passing everything closed. The MRI machine made some very interesting electronic noises, very Tangerine Dream!!

I'm sorry Andy, thoughtless of me, I should have mentioned my sorrow at the news of Maria's cousin please pass on my condolences.

Apologies from me also Andy, for inappropriate posting earlier, during all that is happening with you. All the very best, John.

got my letter Friday and it means i am off for the next 12 weeks for my own good

Half the workshop staff being sent home for 5 weeks costing 2 weeks holiday but full pay. The other half of us (including me) stay at work as normal nothing changes.

I have been told nothing , it was for me to learn if the boat leaves the harbour then it cannot return , and Helen was simply sent home from work and told not to return , i guess we will find out when her next months wages are due whether or not she still has a job ?

About 5 grand down and still counting , that doesn't include lost earnings . Wishing i was a Scottish fisherman right now .

Last edited:
Shayne, is there no income support being provided by the UK govt? Here, all workers who have been laid off, including self employed who have to stop working are getting income support payments. Fisheries here are still operating as far as I know too.

Very sorry to hear this Andy, even if you didn’t see much of each other, it’s inevitable that as this virus progresses onits way, more and more of us will eventually be affected either directly or indirectly.
I too wish you the very best in the circumstances of your MRI. They are noisy cranky things, but yes, a fascinating piece of equipment, electronically and engineering wise (engineeringly?)

Back