Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The corona virus thread

Looks like the UK will go into full lockdown tonight - the Prime Minister is making an announcement at 8:30pm. (Apparently the NHS and government depts have been given a heads-up).

Yep, that’s our place... we used to decorate one of the trees at the side of the house, last photo on the left, till I couldn't reach the top anymore. We planted it when daughter Ana was born, she and the tree are now 11, and the tree is 3m tall.
Thankfully, Ana's only 1.55m (so far)...

Pay us a visit when the curfew ends, maybe in the summer .... :thumbup:
Thanks very much for the invite, we would love to visit, and I have read quite a few of your posts and looked at some of you pic's, and did notice the open invite for members of LCC.

But, we have two dogs, and wouldn't leave them in kennels or trust anyone to look after them, we used to go to France once a year, it was so easy with the 'Pet Passport Scheme' but one of the drawbacks of leaving the EU is that it's now more difficult to take the dogs to the rest or Europe.

But never say never.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the UK will go into full lockdown tonight - the Prime Minister is making an announcement at 8:30pm. (Apparently the NHS and government depts have been given a heads-up).
I've been to busy typing (I'm so slow at typing) so I didn't know that, sounds a bit ominous.

Thanks very much for the invite, we would love to visit, and I have read quite a few of you posts and looked at some of you pic's, and did notice the open invite for members of LCC.

But, we have two dogs, and wouldn't leave them in kennels or trust anyone to look after them, we used to go to France once a year, it was so easy with the 'Pet Passport Scheme' but one of the drawbacks of leaving the EU is that it's now more difficult to take the dogs to the rest or Europe.

But never say never.

OK, I won’t say never (doh...!! said it), and the dogs are welcome if they’re house-trained (jk) ... you never know, now the pet passport has been established, the additional safeguards/bureaucracy may not be too much.

OK, I won’t say never (doh...!! said it), and the dogs are welcome if they’re house-trained (jk) ... you never know, now the pet passport has been established, the additional safeguards/bureaucracy may not be too much.
Have you got pets?

What are dogs treated like in RO in general, you hear so many horror stories about the treatment of dogs in some of the ex Eastern Block countries, We have some freinds that live in Spain (Ex-Pats) that told us that there are a lot of dogs mostly the big ones, that are purely used as guard dogs in private houses.

Have you got pets?

What are dogs treated like in RO in general, you hear so many horror stories about the treatment of dogs in some of the ex Eastern Block countries, We have some freinds that live in Spain (Ex-Pats) that told us that there are a lot of dogs mostly the big ones, that are purely used as guard dogs in private houses.

Yep, sadly (for us) it’s true.
After 19 years being here, I still can’t accept the way they chain big dogs up in the yard with only 3m of run, but that’s the way it is, I can’t change it.
It’s a different culture dog-wise altogether here, especially in the countryside. The man’s best friend idea has never really caught on here, which is their loss.

In the city, with most folks living in apartment bloc accommodation, it’s rather different. Smaller dogs generally and treated more like one of the family, like back in the UK.

Because we usually live in the city (coming to the house only at weekends) we’ve got cats - 5 of the buggers at the last count, mostly rescued strays, but I love ‘em just the same.

If your dogs come here, you can keep them in your room (which is separated from the main house by a corridor) and in the garden they can run free, the cats are good at climbing trees :lol:.

Daughter Ana loves dogs, so they’ll get plenty of attention.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I watched a vid on utub, a long time ago, of some feral dogs in Russia that live in one place then commute on the tube to the city to find food then back on the tube to their sleeping place, it was so funny to see them sitting on the seats of the train, with the other commuters who were taking no notice of them, just reading their news papers.

damm just found i am a key work was looking forward to less work for a while

Bad news is because of the cancer thing i might have to take 12 weeks off and live with the wife

there might be murder in our house if that happens, her and that blood housework will kill me

Yep, sadly (for us) it’s true.
After 19 years being here, I still can’t accept the way they chain big dogs up in the yard with only 3m of run, but that’s the way it is, I can’t change it.
It’s a different culture dog-wise altogether here, especially in the countryside. The man’s best friend idea has never really caught on here, which is their loss.

In the city, with most folks living in apartment bloc accommodation, it’s rather different. Smaller dogs generally and treated more like one of the family, like back in the UK.

Because we usually live in the city (coming to the house only at weekends) we’ve got cats - 5 of the buggers at the last count, mostly rescued strays, but I love ‘em just the same.

If your dogs come here, you can keep them in your room (which is separated from the main house by a corridor) and in the garden they can run free, the cats are good at climbing trees :lol:.

Daughter Ana loves dogs, so they’ll get plenty of attention.
We have a Staffie, Norman, that thinks humans are only on this earth to fuss him and feed him, he's 8 in June, and a Jack Russel, Bramble, that yap's a lot, she's 18 months and a bit nervy, they are both rescues and both had their names before we had them, so we didn't change their names, although we do call Norman, Norman Stanley Fletcher some times, or Big shit and little shit respectively. :laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

damm just found i am a key work was looking forward to less work for a while

Bad news is because of the cancer thing i might have to take 12 weeks off and live with the wife

there might be murder in our house if that happens, her and that blood housework will kill me
I didn't think Locksmiths were Key Works, It's the way I tell em, boom, boom. :):)

I'm not sure what to offer my sympathy for, the Cancer or putting up with the wife for 12 weeks. :)

No, in all seriousness, I hope very much you come out the other end with regard to the "Big C" as John Wayne called it. :thumbup:

My wife had Breast Cancer six years ago.

well, thats us up shit creek then. me and em are both self employed. em shut shop last week. our lads nursery shut about the same time so she would of had to close anyway.

we are half way through a four month job, so we had a good run ahead of us. rather than buying materials as and when we needed them, last week we ordered everything we needed in case the builders merchant shut down. our plan was to bunker down. we can pretty much isolate ourselves on the job.

finally got it through to my parents that they need to take this seriously. they have no problem digging in as they are surrounded by fields. they can spend there days gardening, walking the dogs and looking at the views. we may end up there ourselves in a caravan yet..

i went into town weekend gone to get some supplies. i was surprised at how hard it was to keep a reasonable distance from people. most people dont seem to be taking this seriously...

I'm sitting here typing in the Computer Room, I can here the telly in the other room that her indoors is watching, I don't know whats worst, the doom and gloom of EastEnders or Coroner Virus.

To enforce the rules, I'm sorry to say, and to keep the minority of idiots off the streets and out of the countryside, I think a form of Martial Law will be coming, as the police will be overwhelmed so the military will have to be utilised, like I have already said 'Desperate times call for desperate measures'. Sadly. :-(

im doing 60 miles a day at the moment. i went into a unfamiliar shop to try and find the fabled bog roll. after the very pleasant young woman behind the till had served me she said thank you. i asked what for? she said i was the only person that day who has stayed behind the six foot line that had been outlined on the floor.

if i see yet another dick head leaning on the counter, chatting bull shit to the person behind the till in a shop, making it impossible to keep a reasonable distance. we will be falling out..

To enforce the rules, I'm sorry to say, and to keep the minority of idiots off the streets and out of the countryside, I think a form of Martial Law will be coming, as the police will be overwhelmed so the military will have to be utilised, like I have already said 'Desperate times call for desperate measures'. Sadly. :-(
i agree, the morons seem to think this payed time off work is some kind of holiday.

im doing 60 miles a day at the moment. i went into a unfamiliar shop to try and find the fabled bog roll. after the very pleasant young woman behind the till had served me she said thank you. i asked what for? she said i was the only person that day who has stayed behind the six foot line that had been outlined on the floor.

if i see yet another dick head leaning on the counter, chatting bull shit to the person behind the till in a shop, making it impossible to keep a reasonable distance. we will be falling out..
As I've said before, my wife works in a CO-OP she's now going to give the offenders who don't stay back behind the line, one warning and one warning only before she hits the button that calls the police, after all she has to go to work and it's her life and mine that the thoughtless are endangering.

well, thats us up shit creek then. me and em are both self employed. em shut shop last week. our lads nursery shut about the same time so she would of had to close anyway.

we are half way through a four month job, so we had a good run ahead of us. rather than buying materials as and when we needed them, last week we ordered everything we needed in case the builders merchant shut down. our plan was to bunker down. we can pretty much isolate ourselves on the job.

finally got it through to my parents that they need to take this seriously. they have no problem digging in as they are surrounded by fields. they can spend there days gardening, walking the dogs and looking at the views. we may end up there ourselves in a caravan yet..

i went into town weekend gone to get some supplies. i was surprised at how hard it was to keep a reasonable distance from people. most people dont seem to be taking this seriously...
I am so sorry to hear that.

Some people just can't get it through their thick heads, that this is not a disease that kills only the old or sick, and are blinkered to the fact that there are many thousands dead around the world soley due to this virus, and also seam to have the attitude 'It'll never happen to me I'm to young and fit' 'and if I do get it it'll only be mild'

Back