Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The Hilux - Camper

garygiles1963

Hi

So after the to few trips in my 120, I realized that the type of setup I want is something I can live inside. So I decided on a Hilux with a camper. I have been very fortunate to find one in the Netherlands for sale, which ahs the perfect setup for me. Here she is.

20140502_190357_resized.jpgDSC_0002.jpgDSC_0003.jpgDSC_0004.jpg

This is a link to more pics. There is also a PDF with full spec and upgrades that have been done. I've put a deposit down, now I have to figure out how to get her from the Netherlands to Guernsey :)

This is the link to the couple who own it right now, Foto’s en video’s - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

There very nice people, who have been on some amazing journey's.

Gary

Wow that's pretty schmick. I like it. Thought it might have been one of those awful plastic portaloo jobs, but that's the dog's. Great find. OK top tip for you. Ditch the stupid Toyota underun bar. It's like 70kgs or something. You can get an adaptor that lets you put the bumper back on and the tow hitch. Or, do as I did originally and cut it down. I'll post some pics. Trust me it's a massive weight saving. Close to what one person can lift and you're dragging it around with you for no reason.

OK. Chopped version looks like this

Screenshot 2020-11-12 at 11.27.13.jpg

But I sold that on and then bought the Milner version which is half the weight and a bit snazzy

Screenshot 2020-11-12 at 11.28.30.jpg

These are the brackets to remove the bar completely. On back order currently.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
HI

Thanks for sharing guys.

The bar not used for the chaining the ExKab down?

Or am I missing something here?

Gary

Ahh didn't see that. Didn't look that closely. It does seem to be yes, but I'd still save some kilos by trimming it like the one I did. But still quite possible to add points to the remaining bits. I get that if you have a workshop, all the tools and can weld then this is an easy job. Not everyone does. I know. But I'd really still strongly suggest that you just find a way to get it done you know? That thing weighs an absolute tonne. With the overhang of the load bed, that weight is multiplied several times as it pivots around the axle. If you've no intention of using the tow hitch, at least dump that and save some weight. Can't recall where you are in the country.

Well done @garygiles1963 really nice looking truck and camper. I think once the kids have grown up and left home me and Amy will look for a set-up that you can live in.

Going to get myself a cuppa and have a look through the current owners website. Looks like they have done a lot of travelling.

Some good photos on there. Their previous troop carrier lives on and is now on UK plates. It was briefly up for sale over here last year.

No, it's a lot less polished and a fraction of the cost. I wanted to view it but the owners were stuck in lockdown in France and had decided to keep it and upgrade the roof.

Look forward to seeing your trips in the Hilux

Great looking truck. Most of our set ups are for outdoor living, which can be a disadvantage in northern climes. The 'indoor' space wil make things a lot more comfortable in the wet and cold.

Back