Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The journey begins - My cruiser is coming to America

Glad you got it over to the states ok. Il keep my fingers crossed for you on the headgasket/head.

Fingers crossed all is good. :pray:

Shame she's thrown a tantrum after being left alone on the ship for so long, glad she's arrived without damage and cleared the authorities. Hopefully fixing her will be the easy part.

Thanks Guys! Yep, it seems she's not a fan of America so far...

When in the states, you really need to sign up for IH8Mud forum.

A better bunch of land cruiser friends you will never find.

Here's hoping your head is ok.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Should have updated this sooner, but anyway, the good news is the head doesn't seem cracked and there are no signs of any kind of gasket failure. However, I haven't set my hopes too high because I know in time the symptoms can show more...Only time will tell now!

Only problem I'm having now is a little bit of a issue starting, she takes about 5 seconds of cranking, if not more, to catch and start. I think I've narrowed the problem down to air in the line as I put a clear line in the return line and found small bubbles in it, should this line be filled with solid fuel? I'm assuming so. Tomorrow I will run her directly off a bottle bypassing the primer pump and tank and see if that makes any difference.

Once started she drives fine, idles smooth and sounds great. If I switch her off and back on again within 10 seconds it'll only take a couple cranks, maybe once to start. However the longer I leave it for, 1 minute + it takes longer. None of this changes whether the engine is warm or cold. Question - should the primer pump stay rock hard when the engine is running?

Back