Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The people have spoken

Aye the sky will fall in when the EU decides to put an end to the 64 billion trade deficit in their favour with the UK , they can sell it to someone else surely .

Reactions: Pat
I'm not saying the sky is falling I'm saying if our economy only needs to shrink a little and we are worse off than being in the EU, if your view is we don't get any benefits from them and all we do is give them money.
I mean you already agreed it's going to damage our economy, if it's worse than 1.6% (if you just use the money we pay to the EU as the base number and super oversimplify the figures) not counting the multiplying factors such as social effects that will have. Then it would have been cheaper just to stop in not counting the 31B it's been costing us a year for Brexit. Plus this isn't counting the "divorce bill".

Last edited:
That i agree with , but i believe its better for our kids to be born into a nation of self determination and i trust common sense to prevail once we are no longer a member of the EU .

Nobody can predict the future but you can be sure once profit , loss and cost are weighed throughout then amicable solutions will be found .

The problem is that I don't believe common sense will prevail, I mean it's not in any side of the debate since 2016.
It's been three years and the left have gotten more left and the right has become way more right, we have an unelected leader, trying to ignore the law. We have a far-left labour leader, that if he stepped down and had been replaced by someone more central could have got elected.
All I can see is that it's caused hatred between MPS and the masses and there isn't a solution, that isn't going to piss off 50% of the population and now people don't care about democracy the only want an end to Brexit, the don't care how much we destroy our parliament and standing in the world as long as they win.

Its those that refused to accept the democratic majority that brought it all about and they continue to push , so like as not there will be another extension which will likely give us a Doris/Farage coalition majority .

And how can that be if democracy favours us staying in the EU ?

The problem is I'm not an expert, so I can't tell. The problem is people keep harping on about democracy but don't trust the people they voted for to deliver Brexit, maybe just maybe an extension and election is what we need if people vote a Boris / Farage coalition well then we get it done if they don't maybe the majority don't want Brexit anymore.
If the numbers stay the same in parliament, then offer up another referendum, this time legally binding may help.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
A satirical commentator here quipped the other day... "Ironically, generations after the rest of us, only now are the Brits realising how shite it is to be ruled by the Brits"

Boris Johnson... Honestly where did ye get this goon.. yes he has balls, but they appear to be in charge of cognitive function at the moment. History will not be kind to Westminster

I mean Ireland / NI is now up to 67% for reunification and it's in the constitution that NI can vote at any time, let's see how that plays out.

Yep to prevent Brexit is the endgame Remainers have focused all energy on , instead they have ensured the most damaging exit for both the UK and the EU .
But hey maybe someone who voted out has changed their minds though i very much doubt it myself

I mean Ireland / NI is now up to 67% for reunification and it's in the constitution that NI can vote at any time, let's see how that plays out.

Reunification won't happen any time soon.. Chances of it passing an NI people's vote are slim as it is.. then it would have to pass a separate vote in the Republic. Despite nationalism being strengthened by Brexit here, the financial burden of the 6 counties would put a lot of people off the idea. Then there's the education system, health services, etc... It's nothing more than a Sinn Fein agenda and would become a mini Brexit, as no Unionist would willingly 'join' the Republic. For many in the North, the status quo would have been just fine.

The break up of the UK on the other hand.. that's one of my bets...

I won't blame only the Remainers the hardline Brexiters didn't want any deal, look at Boris and Moggs voting records.

Just for the record, Boris has offered an election, and Corbyn has blocked it, despite all his previous clamouring about Boris being an unelected leader and wanting an election.
They're all just self serving, two faced, lying bastards.

Hasn't he just blocked it until the bill preventing no deal goes through Lords? Surely that serves the interests of his party and their position to a large extent rather than being two faced. Or have I taken that up wrong?

WOW they are insisting normal people start burning things now ...... i almost wish i was european ...... but not quite

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-supreme-court-verdict-parliament-prorogation
Pants on fire.
So the journey continues , deeper into uncharted territory.
Every day heaps new humiliation on this clown & of course the UK.
The Spanish folks I've spoken to about Brexit , plenty of them sa hostile to the EU as any brexiteer , view this whole car crash with a mixture of confusion & humour.
How could what was once the worlds largest empire descend into such a chaotic mess?how could such an idiot end up as PM without an election?
Some are also enjoying the spectacle , seeing this as the UK finally being cut down to size , self inflicted of course , after years of listening to the arrogant & pompous manner in which we've delt with Europe & the rest of the world.
So what next?

What could be fairer than another referendum now people are clearer on what a vote on a particular option would mean. Those not in favour are frightened they might lose.

Those not in favour are frightened they might lose.

Ive heard that said many times before, always from remainers who lost the first time round. The vote was to leave so get your head up, your shoulders back and move on FFS. Another vote on deal/no deal/deal conditions certainly but another for in/out is BS. Many countries are seeing this whole shenanigans as a bit of a joke, another in/out vote would be the punchline and destroy any remnants of credibility we still have. JMO

What could be fairer than another referendum now people are clearer on what a vote on a particular option would mean. Those not in favour are frightened they might lose.

Bring it on , only we don't want no treacherous sub division of votes that even an illiterate child can see through . It must be a binary choice - Leave on the date given or Remain .

There can be no argument at all then that there isn't an overwhelming majority for one course of action .

Last edited:
We know a lot more about the effects of leaving the EU than we did 3 years ago - the "sunlit uplands" and "easiest trade deals" and all the "they need us more than we need them" bluster has been blown out of the water. Even the most ardent Brexiteers have admitted as such quite openly.

Brexit has become a huge national exercise in damage limitation - damage to the country, the economy and most importantly, the people. So with that, it makes perfect sense to ask the people again if it's what they still want.

Measure twice, cut once. :thumbup:

Back