Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The people have spoken

The issues they are bitching about are domestic , the very reason we have Brexit is because we can't fix domestic issues without first bribing 50 odd thousand eu employees .

Whatever they claim to be worried about its a domestic problem once we are out , even the mess of a solution in Northern Ireland at least has a chance of being improved upon once it is a domestic affair .

I do not like the agreement - but in the spirit of "nothing is agreed until everything is agreed" lets move on , start looking for solutions instead of objections .

Remain has won i fear . Congratulations , all i hear is "whats the point in voting" so if they do go to the polls you can be sure they will tick the Brexit Party box just because they have nothing to lose .

unuon-jack.jpg

Where did you find that, Clive. Cant make me mind up if i agree or disagree... It gave me a headache 'Tho':shock:

Sounds to me he is a little sore he failed at his agenda, I agree that Europe has problems but I'd rather be ruled by them, than our current choices.

So Merkel lied to save the german banks... the euro group are morons but the bottom line is this : nobody put a knife at their neck to borrow 200 bil to begin with, all spent for electoral empty promises in the years before.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The crux of what Yanis is saying is undeniably true - the EU is bankrupt held together by nothing but a utopian dream that can never be achieved and the harder they work , even with the best intentions , to promote that dream the more damage they do .

The crux of what Yanis is saying is undeniably true - the EU is bankrupt held together by nothing but a utopian dream that can never be achieved and the harder they work , even with the best intentions , to promote that dream the more damage they do .
All the world is virtually bankrupt, there is no way the debt in the finacial systems in the whole world, not only EU, will be paid.
EU is no different from the rest, including US and UK.
And keep in mind, EU was under no obligation to save Greece, and Grecce was any time free to leave both Euro and EU if they did not like the proposal from EU
EU has its faults, but lets not blame everyting on the EU, becouse it is simply not true and it will not help solve any real issues.

Nobody even attempts to deny the bubble will soon burst but we should embrace the EU as it has already chosen Russia and China as allies who have historically proven themselves so similar in philosophy of governance to us eh , and against enemies so dissimilar to us they have paid for the defence of Europe since 1945 .

Look to France if you want to see the future of every nation in the EU , 25 police officers killed , 52 committed suicide , 10790 injured in the line of duty , in 2019 alone and mostly in direct relation to subduing the very people government is supposed to represent .

I could not think of a comparable link to America so i googled and this page seems to suggest its near 100 years since they experienced anything on a similar scale .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_incidents_of_civil_unrest_in_the_United_States

Look to France if you want to see the future of every nation in the EU , 25 police officers killed , 52 committed suicide , 10790 injured in the line of duty , in 2019 alone

Are you sure the killed and injured numbers are for 2019? If you got the numbers from the Express, you might want to read what it says again.

oops fake news then obviously same as every single story regarding France from every outlet perhaps nobody ever dies in France , the streets are paved with gold and everyone is rich and happy riding around on unicorns and floating on clouds because they are pro eu .

Well apart from the millions who aren't but :eusa-shhh: say nothing nobody will notice and they might go away .

Must wonder about this though https://www.dw.com/en/eu-establishes-first-permanent-border-security-corps/a-51177580 :think:

Would it not be cheaper to build a wall

According to that article, Frontex (EU border and coast guard) will have 10,000 staff by 2027.

In the UK, Border Force already has 8,000+ staff and the previous government stated that another 500 to 1400 (depending on what minister, what day and who they were giving the statement to), would be needed post-Brexit.

All the world is virtually bankrupt, there is no way the debt in the finacial systems in the whole world, not only EU, will be paid.
EU is no different from the rest, including US and UK.
And keep in mind, EU was under no obligation to save Greece, and Grecce was any time free to leave both Euro and EU if they did not like the proposal from EU
EU has its faults, but lets not blame everyting on the EU, becouse it is simply not true and it will not help solve any real issues.

I don’t really want to debate this leeloo, I’ve deliberately (till now) kept away from this thread.

But, I don’t see how Greece had any ‘choice’ to leave the EU, the UK isn’t broke by a long way and we’re still blubbering about getting an acceptable leaving deal 3 years after the decision to leave. I can’t imagine what sort of leaving present Greece would have achieved, had they decided to leave at that time.

Where did you find that, Clive. Cant make me mind up if i agree or disagree... It gave me a headache 'Tho':shock:

There’s loads of Yanis vids on utoob these days Higgs, he’s campaigning hard for a complete EU overhaul, sack the lot of them and start again.

If I’ve understood him correctly, he’s pro EU, but anti the present policies and the lack of democratic process.

Good luck to him, I say, not an easy task.
As for your headache, I got lost at the first mouthful of economics, but I got the gist of the ‘save France and Germany, Greece can go to hell’ bit.

Yeh! I did find a couple of his vids.... Without opening up another can of worms I 'kinda' Agree with alot of his stuff, Not all, But some.. My mate down the Marina (Jimmy the Greek we call him) He agrees with the Greece can go to hell bit..... And hes Greek.. But he's too Busy Hating the Turks:lol:

oops fake news then obviously same as every single story regarding France from every outlet perhaps nobody ever dies in France , the streets are paved with gold and everyone is rich and happy riding around on unicorns and floating on clouds because they are pro eu .

Well apart from the millions who aren't but :eusa-shhh: say nothing nobody will notice and they might go away .

Must wonder about this though https://www.dw.com/en/eu-establishes-first-permanent-border-security-corps/a-51177580 :think:

Would it not be cheaper to build a wall

The suicide number is easy to corroborate and I assume correct. The other two numbers may well be correct, but the Express doesn't attribute a time frame to them. You have added that information as far as I can see. It does look to me like the Express deliberately wrote the figures to mislead. Everyone should express their opinions. Just base those opinions on correct measures.

Last edited:
Looks like the second referendum will soon be on us.

Vote Liberal=Remain
Vote Conservative= Leave

I had to read it a second time myself before i posted the numbers because i wasn't sure where i got the impression it was this year alone . Took a while to find it again but here you go https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1202019/france-emmanuel-macron-police-injured-dead-yellow-vests

First line "in a year" so yeah its all lies because factually "2019" is a couple of months vague .

There's two statements in two sentences. You have inferred a link. There may be a link. But a link is not stated. I'd love to see a citation for the figures "revealed last night" so we'd know for sure.
I had to read it a second time myself before i posted the numbers because i wasn't sure where i got the impression it was this year alone . Took a while to find it again but here you go https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1202019/france-emmanuel-macron-police-injured-dead-yellow-vests

First line "in a year" so yeah its all lies because factually "2019" is a couple of months vague .

Found a proper citation for the figures.

https://inhesj.fr/ondrp/publication...ciers-et-gendarmes-decedes-et-blesses-en-2018

"Près de la moitié des gendarmes blessés lors d’opérations de police sont consécutives à une agression (48 %)."

So it's the "mostly in direct relation to subduing the very people government is supposed to represent." that's made up. And the figures are for 2018 not 2019. But still, horrible numbers.

You don't mean to say it might have been foreigners police were working against do you :shock: :laughing-rolling: :silent:

Back