Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The "short" list

Harriet

Country Flag
japan
As per the "Exporting a 4.2 from Japan to UK, am I nuts?" thread, we are hoping to go and actually get the ball rolling and see cars for sale this weekend. Checked out the diesel ban and as far as my rooting around tells me, the ban does not apply to passenger vehicles in Tokyo. Its commercial vehicles which need to have a purifier fitted....obviously I need to double check this with city hall before handing over cash for a vehicle. Diesel cars pay higher road tax, and there is a 10% premium for those over 11 years old but on the bright side, diesel is as cheap as 60 pence a litre here...

Sticking with the SWB idea as our parking space in Tokyo is also short, here are two from internet sales sites which would be "doable" financially with a bit of luck re. the final "on the road price". Different models, engines and mileages....thoughts and comments welcome! Apologies if looking at them entails your having to copy and paste; I'd hoped they'd come up "blue" and be clickable...

http://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/detail/CU4807127285/index.html

http://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/detail/CU4971082088/index.html?TRCD=200002

Cheers, and have a good Friday / weekend everyone.
Harriet

The black one has the 3B non turbo engine. It has 40 hp less than the grey one, so driving uphill will be slow.
They both have AC fitted which is nice.
If I had to choose between those two, I'd go for the grey one.
It might be worth checking if there are any trucks with the 13BT engine. This is the turboed 3B engine. This would be a good engine for this truck, it has more power than the 3B and weighs less than the 1hz.

Thanks, Firewout; looking on the Japan sites at the mo there are no 13BTs around on a SWB; all are on a medium chassis with the FRP top; actually very nice but those extra 25cm count...seems that the 3litre variants are from earlier years over here; you just don't see many vehicles from the 1980's here now, not even LC's with their renowned longevity. Perhaps those old enemies of rust and rot as it rains a lot here...

Mmmmm, cart springs, nice. :eusa-liar::o
Great looking trucks both but I expect they will be a bit of a primitive ride.
Ben's on the money with his input.

Reactions: Ben
Thanks, Firewout; looking on the Japan sites at the mo there are no 13BTs around on a SWB; all are on a medium chassis with the FRP top; actually very nice but those extra 25cm count...seems that the 3litre variants are from earlier years over here; you just don't see many vehicles from the 1980's here now, not even LC's with their renowned longevity. Perhaps those old enemies of rust and rot as it rains a lot here...
Most probably exported before the major Shaken (if that's how it's spelled). I'm driving one of them. :)
It's the salt that kills and mine was rust free.

Back