Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The truth about climate change enviromentalosm and they don’t like it....

He might have something useful to add, but I got as far as we shouldn't fear a warming climate because people in Britain die of cold, not heat.

Do you know what the wording was of the motion was he kept criticising? I can't find it easily.

He seems to have studied sport and political science rather than anything to do with climate: https://www.desmogblog.com/node/1056

I only listened to the first 5 minutes before I gave up, but I don't think he was arguing for any particular cause of climate change. He was arguing that it was unfair on developing nations to curb economic growth. Although apparently fine for developing nations, who are all well away from the poles, to suck up another few degrees Celsius.

He doesn't offer any remedies, such as more flow of money from the developed countries to fund alternative energy sources. Most studies seem to think that the effects of warming will be mostly felt by developing countries, it's a bit old, but still worth a read: http://cedadocs.ceda.ac.uk/249/1/COP12.pdf

I can't hear the vid but it has me thinking of Merkel's answer to the decline of Germany's economy announced at the most recent international motorshow .

"Ve must provide incentives"

Which translates to those with nothing but contempt for this save the planet bullshit - you will buy from the EUSSR because our lawyers own the planet and we will punish anyone who does not submit to our dictats .

Regarding the vid who are those people in the audience , why aren't they at work , don't they have rent to pay ? when i was that age if i didn't work i didnt eat and opinions on global affairs might be a teabreak pastime .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I can't hear the vid but it has me thinking of Merkel's answer to the decline of Germany's economy announced at the most recent international motorshow .

Which translates to those with nothing but contempt for this save the planet bullshit - you will buy from the EUSSR because our lawyers own the planet and we will punish anyone who does not submit to our dictats .

Regarding the vid who are those people in the audience , why aren't they at work , don't they have rent to pay ? when i was that age if i didn't work i didnt eat and opinions on global affairs might be a teabreak pastime .

They’re millennials, they don’t need to go to work....

Indeed. Let's leave politics to hard-working, old Etonians who've got where they are through nothing but honest, hard graft. Only they deserve to debate the important issues.

I realise there may be some old Etonians in this audience.

It should be noted that he is funded by Exxon Mobile and has had several of his claims discredited when the evidence he cited proved to be inaccurate

Well that answers the question about how people can afford to debate stuff when they should be at work.

It’s the Cambridge Uni debating club.

The same one the current Brexiteers Champion used to belong to (or was that Oxford?)

The one wearing the hi viz made me chuckle. He probably wore it all the time hoping it would protect him from life...

Why am i not surprized to learn i can find nothing on the internet to suggest the Ifo institut gets any EU funding .
I suppose that will soon change when someone notices they offer views not conducive to giving european manufacturers an economic competitive advantage supporting the protectionist racket .

But hey i found out why those guys in the vid aren't at work - they too busy https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10079914/extinction-rebellion-london-protest-arrests-today/

The argument against electric cars has a lot of merit .Globally , transport accounts for 15% of all emissions but politicians & corporations have of course leveraged the real dangers of climate change to gouge money out of us whilst continuing to invest in & give tax breaks to fossil fuels.
As for Zerohedge there is the occasional pearl of wisdom but it's mostly rabid conspiracy theories.A quick look in the comments reveals a violent , hateful following of antisemites & racists , conspiracy theory nut jobs & other ner do wells.

As for Zerohedge there is the occasional pearl of wisdom but it's mostly rabid conspiracy theories.A quick look in the comments reveals a violent , hateful following of antisemites & racists , conspiracy theory nut jobs & other ner do wells.

That doesn’t surprise me one little bit

Back