Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

These 60's are growing on me

Saw the video... Yup, spend the time and money and some more money and throw in a big ass American diesel in there...

Saw the video... Yup, spend the time and money and some more money and throw in a big ass American diesel in there...

Certainly spent some cash on this one. I like them because they really are a rare sight these days, never driven one but surely cant be less comfy than a 76

12HT engined inland (so rust free/minimal rust) are stupid money here - petrols? Nearly give away, certainly in and around the $5-8k mark depending on rust (so about the same as a petrol 80). 2H diesels aren't expensive (only a bit more than a petrol) but can be slow as a slug (says me with a HJ45....)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Certainly spent some cash on this one. I like them because they really are a rare sight these days, never driven one but surely cant be less comfy than a 76
When I had my 60's (I had three) they wern't bad at all to drive, I drove many miles in them, and did some 'off roading' in the first two, they were all bog standard, apart from the last one, that had a turbo and A/C.

These 60's were the first LC's I drove/owned so I had no comparison at the time, I then went on to own two 80's and now a 100, and like I have said before, I think the 80 is the best all round of the heavyweight Land Cruisers, but I would go back to a 60 in a heart beat.

They are leaf springs all round, as opposed to all coil, or coil and torsion bar with AHC, so there is no comparison with the 100 or 200 ride comfort, on or off road.

Last edited by a moderator:
60s are great if you like tractors or are willing to spend a lot of time and effort bringing them to the modern world.

At which point may as well get an 80.

I'll get my coat....
Lucky yer didn't say that in the 60 forum, else there'd be a contract out by now. :violence-ak47::violence-guntoting::violence-minigun::violence-pistol::violence-pistoldou::violence-rambo::violence-rapidfire::violence-rocket::violence-sniperdar::violence-sniperpro::violence-snipersmi::violence-swords::violence-uzi::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling: Don't worry, I haven't told anybody, so I think you've got away with it, shush.

I like it very, very much, but, if I could afford to go to that extreme on a 60, I think I'd have to have an additional 60 and renovate it to exactly as it came out of the Toyota factory, I am a big fan of original and OEM. :icon-biggrin:. Just my tuppence worth, for what it's worth now days. Not much came the LOUD reply. :laughing-rolling:

Nevertheless, a very good Facebook find and post. :thumbup::clap:

Iv always loved the 60.. Mine was really comfy, It had 24v electrics for some reason, I always thought it went like Hell. (Maybe comparing it to the LandRovers we had on the Farm).. I think its a great looking Truck... If it could be done, Id have a 60 body on a 80 Chassis with a 200 series V8 Diesel.. Thank you!...

Iv always loved the 60.. Mine was really comfy, It had 24v electrics for some reason, I always thought it went like Hell. (Maybe comparing it to the LandRovers we had on the Farm).. I think its a great looking Truck... If it could be done, Id have a 60 body on a 80 Chassis with a 200 series V8 Diesel.. Thank you!...
I think all the Diesel's were 24v throughout, not just for starting, I know all my three were 24v all the bulbs everything.

I popped many a bulb on the farm Trailers when i was a young lad (Not thinking and all that)... I remember it getting through Glow plug relays for some reason, Never got to the bottom of that one... Could be something to do with the 7 or 11 sec delay on the glow plugs, Cant remember, Long time ago now, Wish i still had it 'Tho'

I popped many a bulb on the farm Trailers when i was a young lad (Not thinking and all that)...
I also wish I had kept my last 60, it was a beauty, I think they have that chiselled rugged but appealing look, and more than capable, and a good match for the Range Rover of the era. I'll wash my mouth out with soap and water.

Youth is wastied on the young. :laughing-rolling:

I like it very, very much, but, if I could afford to go to that extreme on a 60, I think I'd have to have an additional 60 and renovate it to exactly as it came out of the Toyota factory, I am a big fan of original and OEM. :icon-biggrin:. Just my tuppence worth, for what it's worth now days. Not much came the LOUD reply. :laughing-rolling:

Nevertheless, a very good Facebook find and post. :thumbup::clap:

See alot of nice work on cruisers in Australia, Shauno's dirty 30 rebuild from 4wd action is another decent build although far from factory lol. Jon Rooths 40's are great looking things as well.
Gonna have to immigrate and have a fleet of cruisers :smiley:

Back