Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

They've found it!.....

Towpack

Garage
Country Flag
england
Ernest Shackleton's ship Endurance has finally been found and looks in incredible condition, probably due to the depth and teperature of the water.....

Endurance

Wow! my missus will be chuffed, She's a massive Shackleton/ Scott fan... Books galore scattered about the House.....Off topic but we have an original signed Photo of Sir Ed Hilary and Tenzing 'Wotsit'... On the wall, Daren't tell you how much it cost..... She loves all that Early Explorers Stuff.. Thanks for that Towpack

Ooh I have to respond to you Higgy - I have the suit that Ed Hlary wore when he was knighted. It was lent to him by my grand father and he left it to me . They were the same lanky shape!

That's a Top Trump Mate... Cant compete with That..... :thumbup:

Ernest Shackleton's ship Endurance has finally been found and looks in incredible condition, probably due to the depth and teperature of the water.....

Endurance
Very cool (excusing the pun)

I might have to try that with my wife.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
51860186-77A1-4899-B735-190CD3A08F1A.jpeg

Maybe I’m cynical but it was never ‘lost’ they knew where it was when it was crushed by the ice… and how come if it was crushed and sank does the report say it has been found intact?
The James Caird is sitting in the great hall at Dulwich College FYI

They new the approximate area but that's all. Sea ice isn't static. I think the term "intact" is relative. It's at a similar depth to the Titanic and we know how that's faired, the wood bits long gone and the metalwork almost gone so it must be the water temperature, well below freezing, that's preserved the Endurance.

Last edited:
Back