Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

thinking of painting my cuiser - thoughts?

brian perkinson

Hello to all, this is my first post to the forum as I am new owner of a long awaited finding of a 2006 in mint condition with low miles.

I had an unfortunate situation last weekend with a major hail storm which dented almost every panel on my truck. My question is, would anyone consider painting the whole truck?

My fear is that the paint job cannot be as good as a factory finish. I'm afraid that the few pieces that don't get painted will look so different it will show the difference if I don't paint the whole thing.

Anyone have any experience or suggestions with this? Thanks!

Hi Brian and welcome.

Sorry to hear about your hail damage. I've seen some that's hit the States recently on the internet the size of grapefruit. :scared-eek:

These days professional paint jobs are done by matching the paint to a sample, say the fuel flap for instance. I've had many single panels to whole swathes of bodywork resprayed without doing the whole car and it really doesn't show. If you change colour on the other hand, you have a whole lot more work on your hands stripping down to access every last bit that shows. Stick with the same colour and it's not such a big job. Ask around for recommendations for a good paint shop that doesn't charge the Earth.

Let's have some photos of your truck. We love photos on here.

Back