Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

This is likely to spread

Idea will probably effect those of us on the forum with shall we say less sophisticated Cruisers:flushed:

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-43211946
Just read that myself, the article doesn't quite reflect the hysterical headline, it's an interesting point they make about diesels producing less CO2, although then they spoil it by advocating electric vehicles which we all know have good tailpipe emissions, but a shite carbon footprint.

So regardless of it being Germany's fault that they made billions out of forcing entirely unrealistic anti pollution goals on the EU based entirely on the fact they had already worked out how to make their cars lie to beat tests . Germany will make billions more by forcing the cars they sold to be crushed .

I used to like the planet i really couldn't care less about it any more .

If I’m lucky to get old enough, looks like I’ll be driving my old 80 round and round the garden, like a friggin teddy bear...

Took my 3 year old Hilux for its first MOT last week. As expected it passed. But the lad doing the flue pipe test looked puzzled and had to go and get another technician. They pressed a few buttons on the analyser and turned to me. 'Blimey' they said. 'That's clean, there's almost nothing coming out!'

Clearly diesels don't have to be dirty.

So regardless of it being Germany's fault that they made billions out of forcing entirely unrealistic anti pollution goals on the EU based entirely on the fact they had already worked out how to make their cars lie to beat tests . Germany will make billions more by forcing the cars they sold to be crushed .

I used to like the planet i really couldn't care less about it any more .
Dont get as cynical as me shane.:icon-smile:
I used to think money made the world go round, i was wrong, its bullshit.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The major belgian cities already banned the older diesels because of fine dust.
from 2020 only euro5 diesels are allowed; from 2025 only euro 6

Took my 3 year old Hilux for its first MOT last week. As expected it passed. But the lad doing the flue pipe test looked puzzled and had to go and get another technician. They pressed a few buttons on the analyser and turned to me. 'Blimey' they said. 'That's clean, there's almost nothing coming out!'

Clearly diesels don't have to be dirty.
I remember a top gear test once (in the days they did tests) where they were driving a diesel, and the stuff coming out of the tailpipe was cleaner then what was going in through the air intake!!

So after I've driven through London I'll pop to Germany too :whistle::lol:

On the other hand the Germans are working hard on OME synthetic diesel which turns an old diesel in an euro 6 vehicle. Diesel is not dead yet.

Not the first time Germany has used synthetic fuel if I recall correctly.

Back