Thuraya SO-2510 sat phone

Jon Wildsmith

Super Moderator
Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
england
Second hand Thuraya SO-2510 sat phone with Thuraya SIM ($19 credit) mains charger, car charger, USB data lead and a tired box.

crop.jpg

Good working order, surplus to requirements, £180 plus P&P.

And that's a bargain!

I have one already or I'd bite your hand off Jon. Err, how much for the box on its own?

I am very tempted to be fair. How hard to top up sim card? How do you check the area coverage as i hear some are better in certain parts of the world.
Stu

Stu no good for South Africa as i already had that thought and checked.

thurayacoverage.jpg

Topping up is easy now. You can do it on line. Used to be a bit of a faff. But now with a password etc you can pay directly OR you can enter scratch card numbers. There are two types of SIM. Northern Europe which is the one I have and it works ok and slightly wider coverage for Africa / Aisa as per Warren's map. It is not the best coverage but it's one of the cheapest. The satellites are sort of clustered over Dubai or some such and as a result are pretty low in the sky for the UK

As i would want for SA i am out. But it does say you can put your normal gsm sim card in it so would be handy if your in the coverage area.
Stu

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Very easy to top up like Chris said. If you put a GSM SIM in that just means you pay for the calls using the GSM SIM contract, it is still using the Thuraya satellites to make the connection so still subject to the coverage areas on their map. Your GSM SIM provider will bill you as if you're roaming in Dubai iirc

Hi Jon, do you still have the sat phone? Is it still for sale?

No sorry Reinhard I sold it a long time ago and forgot to update the thread.

No problem Jon. I'll pick one up off the bay. Thanks

Back