Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tire sealant / slime

dyladams

Garage
Country Flag
uk
hi all

Can anyone recommend a tire sealant or a spike that they have successfully used on their truck.

I have been doing some research and it seems to indicate that slime or oxo are the 2 better options. My concern is that I have also read that the slime can eat the wheel.

Also what happens when you reduce the pressure and re inflate or when you buy new tires? Also what about tire pressure monitors.

Thanks in advanced.

OKO off road. Been using it for over 20 years in everything from my 80's, to my Quad to my trailers. There's no down side. There just isn't. When you buy new tyres, there can be some residual goop in there. Who cares. Put some more in your new tyres once they're balanced and run in. It doesn't eat the wheel. It works with the TPMS I have had.

Crispin used the on road pink stuff from OKO and it set solid in his tyres. Ooops. Well do't use that then. I even have goop in my motorbike tyres.

:text-+1: For OKO off road

Any type of sealant like that,if you take it to a garage with a puncture they won't repair it

Any type of sealant like that,if you take it to a garage with a puncture they won't repair it

This is a problem I had but I'm going back nearly 40 years to my Capri and some Finilec puncture repair fluid which you squirted into the flat tyre from a pressurised can. It was more like a thick foam than a slime. I think the slime is a different product. Took the tyre to be repaired and they said they couldn't as the repair wouldn't stick. Not sure tyre repairs are even legal anymore so maybe it's a non issue. You can get mousse filled tubes, which are puncture proof, for dirt bikes but I don't think they're road legal.

We have been using this stuff http://www.air-sealproducts.com in all our machines and trailers for many years, must have saved us shed loads of downtime over the years. Most tyre companies will fix your tyres with it in them but the blokes moan a bit, but it does just wash out easily. Then if you are using it you won't be getting punctures

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back