Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

TLC HJ61 total reconditioning

Looks like the weather is not allowing the planned trip. This is typhoon season and it would be too risky and no fun at all. I will be announcing my rescheduled trip.

Good choice Oding. No point if it's not fun. We can wait for the photos don't worry. :)

Overland Philippines.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi guys, been a while since I last posted. I got so busy setting up a convenience store. Did not have time to post some events. Anyway, I will try to share some pictures on some of my ride.

Welcome back Oding, I was hoping we hadn't heard the last from you and your beautiful truck!

Great photo, so what have you and the truck been up to, when you wern't setting up shop?

(That means more photos please:eusa-shhh:)

That is REALLY looking Ace now Oding. You must be very proud of your creation.

Now stop posing and send us some more pics. Please…

:)

Good to see the truck again Oding. I have taken much inspiration from your project.

IMG_20170629_091537.jpg
A 200 km trek through rough roads in sugar country. It was a smooth sail all the way. I am very satisfie with the Baby.

IMG_20170629_091552.jpg

IMG_20170629_091603.jpg

DSC05120.JPG
Removal of both rear leaf spring for re-arching. I am in a planned trip on Aug. 10 to Manila, a trip I have long planned. Tightening of body bolts and brake cleaning.

DSC05121.JPG

DSC05122.JPG
Shown below is the speaker box I made covered with vinyl sticker.

DSC05123.JPG

DSC05125.JPG

My BJ42 still waiting to be completed.

DSC05126.JPG

Can I ask for any opinion based on experience and research regarding re- arching or cold bending of the leaf springs. Read many conflicting advises on the net. I know once upon a time, this was a procedure done in most suspension repair shops. However, most young mechanics don't even know there is such a process. Any inputs would be much appreciated.

Back