Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

TLC LJ72 transmission

bleka

Country Flag
montenegro
Hello all,

I have questions and doubts connections for gearbox and transmission. namely, have a Toyota LC 72 series 2.8 d. Transmission + 4-speed reverse. I wonder whether there is a possibility to throw 5-speed + reverse of Series 70, 2.4 turbo.

So, does transmission gearbox (from 2.4 turbo aslo 70 series) fits perfectly and matches my gear units and also does my reduction fits on this transs?

My car info:
Market Year Make Model Frame
General 10/1994 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER LJ72

Additional codes
GRADE: STD: STANDARD TYPE
DESTINATION: GEN: FOR GENERAL COUNTRIES (EXCEPT FOR GCC, ARL, SA)
BODY: HT: HARDTOP
ENGINE: 3L: 2800CC DIESEL
FUEL SYSTEM: DSL: DIESEL
TRANSMISSION: MTM: MANUAL TRANSMISSION
GEAR SHIFT TYPE: 4F: MTM, 4-SPEED FLOOR SHIFT
BUILDING CONDITION: CBU: COMPLETELY BUILT UNIT

VIN* Model code From To Frame Characteristics
.. LJ72LV-KR 05/1993 - 03/1996 LJ72 STD GEN HT LHD 3L DSL MTM 4F CBU

Moguce da je ovo "mtm 4f cbu" oznaka za mjenjac.
Pozdrav brate

Well guys ,

the situation is like thisl,last daysI explored a lot and looked around this "problem" . I had the opportunity to look at the transmission r150 and from it take off 5th speed or does not respond because r150 has a thicker input and output shaft unlike my g40. the only option is to find a proper manual transmission, G52, G57, G58. G59 and to transfer them from 5th gear .. O that buy online with a " Transmission Parts - Home | Cobra Transmission - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]" and search "TOYOTA G40, G52, G57, G58, G59 "

Big thanks to BOBO who helped me a lot abot this !!

:cool:

there is only one update related to the G40. my output shaft has 26 splines, maybe a little strange because the 26 splines are linked by gearboxes with a chain. I found a second gearbox, a donor G52 from an old 4 Runner and switched 5th gear. the difference between the G series gearbox and the R series gearbox (we're talking about the TLC 2.4 turbo model that has the R 150 and R 151 gearbox designation) is only in the connection between the output shaft and the transfer case. ( YOKE, TRANSMISSION SLEEVE) The physical G and R series are the same, so it is possible to insert any 5-speed gearbox into your car just need to transfer case x spline number.

example:
in my situation the spline number on the uotput shaft is 26 = so the number of splines in the transfer case must be 26. (yoke must be same ineer and out)

if i want to put R series in my car wich have 23 splines and need a yoke that has 23 splines on one side and 26 splines on the other side.

the same procedure is for the 21 spline numbers,

making a yoke (in my country) costs about 150 euros ,

in this table you can see which models have splines,

Transmission Gear Ratio Chart | Marlin Crawler, Inc. - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

IMG-9c7bdf80611b2fb146c1d3f0f4917781-V.jpg

donor g52
IMG-c90118f9ad82c76aa3aadf888292f43d-V.jpg

yoke (23 spline)

Last edited:
Back