Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tool Recomendations

Im not too fussed about brands and that but just want some that will last a few years with normal use. Might wait for the sales or fathers day!

The thing with screwdrivers Ben is they are generally not that expensive, so it's worth deciding what you need and buying those rather than a set and spend a little more on what you really need. I bought some Wera spanners from a proper eBay tool seller for a price delivered my local tool supplier couldn't even buy for.

Has anyone tried these from Wera, could be handy

wera_joker.jpg

These are exactly what I ordered from the eBay seller David. I got the set of 4. 10mm, 13mm, 17mm and 19mm

I have to say they are superb. Not cheap by any means but came in a very nice pouch, the nut holding capability has its uses, the ratchet is solid and fine and the whole look and feel of them is of great quality.

Downside is that the ratchet end like many is a tad bulky compared to a non ratchet spanner which of course cannot be helped.

Just been shopping at Epic Tools (Beccles Suffolk if you’re close or eBay if you're not). The Wera stuff is amazing, some lovely touches on their spanners.

I bought a Bahco socket set, lifetime warranty, Swedish quality control and part of the same company as Snap On but fraction of the price. I also like my Teng stuff.

Has anyone tried these from Wera, could be handy

View attachment 138353
Going to soon....just checked them out at Epic Tools, never seen them before but they are amazing with clever design to hold the nut so no more dropped nuts when you’re fiddling to bet it on upside down...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
These are exactly what I ordered from the eBay seller David. I got the set of 4. 10mm, 13mm, 17mm and 19mm

I have to say they are superb. Not cheap by any means but came in a very nice pouch, the nut holding capability has its uses, the ratchet is solid and fine and the whole look and feel of them is of great quality.

Downside is that the ratchet end like many is a tad bulky compared to a non ratchet spanner which of course cannot be helped.

I worked out you can get a set of 6 (8,10,12,13,14,17mm)for a little under the same price as the set of 4 if you don’t need the nice case.

I worked out you can get a set of 6 (8,10,12,13,14,17mm)for a little under the same price as the set of 4 if you don’t need the nice case.
I like the cranked one's with the switch, keeps your knuckles away from the job saves on skin

The Halfords flex head ratchet spanners are pretty good, great for the price, I have had my set about 12 years, the common sizes take about 5 years to wear out but they will replace them. I also have the Halfords long 1/2 breaker bar, it is very good, you can undo 800nm hub nuts on lorries with a suitable tube on the end and it bends right round but doesn't break. Wrap insulation tape round the handle though so the tube doesn't make a mark... it voids the warranty!

What price was that GR? (Said he poised to kick himself)

What price was that GR? (Said he poised to kick himself)
Just under £99 if you add up individually, unless my maths is wrong...
8mm £13.49
10mm £13.99
12mm £15.69
13mm £16.20
14mm £18.49
17mm £20.99

If you've not opened them I'm sure they'd swap...really nice guys, (shop is about 40miles from me)

I think my set was something like £57, I'll have to check. There's no chance they'll take them back now, they are well used. :lol:

I think my set was something like £57, I'll have to check. There's no chance they'll take them back now, they are well used. :lol:
Sounds a good price, the set of 4 I found was £108

Edit: my error £18 is for the Switch version, yep £59 for 4 of the Joker and £150 for set of 11 in case

Last edited:
That's my work main screw driver drawer, have some others in another drawer too.

20171222_132557.jpg

Some snap on stuff is over priced but other stuff is worth every penny when you rely on it daily.

Even trim tools I've not found a rival and I've tried a few.

I got a Ryobi One Rattle gun for Christmas, now I just need to sort out some impact sockets... recommendations please (bearing in mind I'm in Australia...)

I think one benefit of impact sockets is that they're 6 sided, less likely to round off nuts. I've never had a normal socket do more than split with an impact wrench, but apparently bits can fly.

Back