Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

top mount intercooler diy 1hd-ft

Tweaking the pump for an intercooler is still something I am reading up on I am going to fit a a boost regulator and turn it up to 15 psi then I am going to adjust the main fuel screw on the back of the pump then adjust the off boost compensator so it doesn't smoke too much before the boost kicks in

Scoop looks mint. What is it off?

get a blocker rather than a bleeder boost controller.

the scoop is off an isuzu trooper it is just about the perfect size for the intercooler and i think it matches the car well i was looking at suburu scoops but i dont think it would look right. I have bought a boost controller off ebay its just a cheap nasty one that will do for now
boost controller.jpg

Well you set the old grey stuff thinking, after talking with a mate who just lives for tuning diesels, here is the start of my winter project (too busy to do anything for a while and I want to go off roading):

Just ordered this bad boy:

charge.JPG

Going to go down the charge cooling route, just need a heat exchanger and pump - when we start I will try for a build thread.

Reactions: Sag
I took the car for a bit of a shake down at the weekend I had a few problems first of all I fitted a 10" fan under the intercooler this caused it to rub slightly on the bonnet so I am going to have to get a smaller one that fits in the hole I cut for the scoop the second problem was with the boost regulator I have set it to 14.5 psi but on the motorway it will stay at 14.5 for about 10 seconds then start creeping up if I'm accelerating and finally the car is a little smoky going uphill off boost so I need to readjust the compensator I have wound the main fuel screw in around 3/4 of a turn and set the boost compensator with a pump so it goes in to max fuel at 15psi the egt sits around 380c at 70mph on the flat the intercooler stays very cold with the fan running and when I removed the fan it was still cool after doing 40mph for a few miles

If there is anything I miss after leaving the UK, it is the ability to modify vehicles without a shit load of bureaucracy. I love the install and despite loving the stock 80 bonnet, that scoop (sorry power bulge :blush:), IMO is the best one I have seen to date and really suits the car, hell I might even make a hole in my bonnet just so I 'need'to fit one!

Nice,

regards

Dave

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well you set the old grey stuff thinking, after talking with a mate who just lives for tuning diesels, here is the start of my winter project (too busy to do anything for a while and I want to go off roading):

Just ordered this bad boy:

Hi Roger,
You've set my grey matter going as well now.!!
Am I right in assuming that this is a charge cooler off a Jag.?
Would it be suitable for a 24V.?
Regards
Bodie

Back