Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Torque settings

dam .................. i found da torques in my manual 6 Nm V8 / 8 Nm diesel and 4 Nm unda common bloody sense , it would appear dat dis Smiff character truly loves ta try'n play da denizens on dis forum
upload_2018-4-15_1-14-42.gif
e's such'a took , perhaps a meal ear would elp .

upload_2018-4-15_1-26-6.jpeg Lol

Whats done is done you can't slack off once a bolt has been over tightened x3 and expect the stretched bolts to be secure , that's why i won't use a torque wrench to tighten wheel nuts , if i fitted new studs and nuts all round i would but until that time i will trust feel however inaccurate it might be .

I used feel for years for tightening wheel nuts but, last year I had 2 shear off really easily. Just spun the nut on by hand and tightened with the brace, except it didn't tighten but just sheared off, obviously weakened by being repeatedly overtightened. After buying and fitting the new studs I decided to use a torque wrench at the correct value and was amazed how easily the correct torque of 7olb/ft could be exceeded. I reckon I mustve been hitting close to 100lb/ft. So much for my 'feel'.

That kind of what i'm saying Towpack i bet if you had put 70lb/ft on the old studs it would have felt not much more than finger tight because the damage was already done .

Back