Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

toyota landcruiser prado 2020 model burning smell

urbanus

Country Flag
great_britain
hi i went offroading on my toyota landcruiser prado in a lot of mud and the car was very muddy and dirty at the end. the next day when i was driving my car i smelt a very strong burning smell coming from the inside the car and when i stopped and got out the smell was much stronger. it smelt like rubber burning or rotten eggs smell or something burning very strong. what cojuld this be?

Just mud burning on your exhaust probably , keeping it clean underneath is more important than keeping it clean on top so get the power washer under there .

Agree with the above..... Iv known a few Cat/converters smell like rotten eggs........

Most likely cause is its broken or blocked, But i doubt it in your case if its new.. Im guessing yours is a Diesel..... Like Shayne said, Give it a good power wash underneath and give it a good run out..... see if the smell clears off

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
yes its the 2020 model toyota land cruiser prado and it a diesel. to be honest i didnt drive through a lot of deep mud.

Last edited by a moderator:
If its a rotten egg small coming from around the right rear wheel it will be from the DPF.
Its when it's doing a cleaning cycle, its perfectly normal.

Back