Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Toyota's weak point?

Michał Dykalski

Country Flag
poland
you will need to strengthen ...

20200322_144157.jpg 20200322_144235.jpg

Only seen this on a couple 4runners who do high speed off road dune stuff. Do you spend a lot of time on the dirt?

Only seen this on a couple 4runners who do high speed off road dune stuff. Do you spend a lot of time on the dirt?

It looks like it from the photo, but I’ve never seen a top spring perch separate like in that photo on any Cruiser. It doesn’t look like rust has weakened it either.
Strange...

That's not weak point that's just how steel snaps when the forces applied upon it exceed its strength , Beau's jumping theory makes sense and i would guess you have heavy duty springs in a light truck so not much give when your wheel hit a lump a very high speed .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It's a common failure on rally trucks or any thing doing fast off-road with jumps.

You can get lots of reinforcement parts for the 120 but not seen any for the 90.

Although it's a weakness if driven hard normal off road driving isn't a problem. My 90 had reached 240000miles before a mechanic suggested I should think about reinforcing the top mounts

Last edited:
Back