Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

TPA800 parking sensors

So I had a chance to spare some time to look around last weekend. I measured voltages and resistance on the normal two pin connector, the green one didnt read anything as it were a floating pin, no voltage or continuity to ground. The gray one was live wire powering the LED light. However, I did manage to use the programming wire to read out different menus, all other things seem to check out except for the only registered error of front sensor no.1 faulty.
Now I'm confused, both my front and back sensors dont work. However, without any registered error for rear sensors, I expected at least back sensors to work. the flip switch for back sensors dont seem to do anything although both button and wiring is intact. Fuses are ok.
I though the two pin connector would have one powering LED and other would be ground with push button to switch modes, but the gray wire both powers the LED and according to its location is also pulled to ground when button is pressed. This is working fine on the programming wire where I grounded this wire to readout system menus but I'm not ready to ground the other gray wire on normal connector which reads 12V till I'm completely sure.

So for now, at least for rear sensors, I'm not sure whether they're not working due to sensors issue or due to button being missing.

Is there any sure shot way to test out sensors? I can see above sensors are mentioned to be daisy-chained but wiring seems to suggest otherwise.

1709211373352.png

I wonder if someone has had the large n/s plastic side panel off before and disconnected/pulled off the wires to the rear sensor switch ?
Front an rear sensors are obviously 2 different systems.
Karl2000 has a method of testing individual sensors.

No, the rear sensor switch and wiring is intact and ok till ECU. Can you link the sensor testing method you mentioned? I did search earlier but didnt find it or are you referring to feeling with fingers?

Finger method (ooer) and that 'crackling' feeling.
I think Karl is snowed under with work at the moment, but will be back in due course.

Back