Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Transfer case

Adam Garraway

Country Flag
australia
Hey guys new to the forum and landcruiser world, just bought a 200 series 2016 landcruiser sahara, just thought i would try out the 4lo and took it just down the road and when i got back there was smoke coming from the exhaust i think it leaked atbit of oil onto it is this normal or was it just overfilled or something?

Hey guys new to the forum and landcruiser world, just bought a 200 series 2016 landcruiser sahara, just thought i would try out the 4lo and took it just down the road and when i got back there was smoke coming from the exhaust i think it leaked atbit of oil onto it is this normal or was it just overfilled or something?
Hi Adam,

No, it's not normal, I'm just wondering if it could be something to do with using '4 Low' under normal road conditions, I'm not familiar with the 4WD setup on the 200, but I do know that if you engage 'Low Range' on the 100 series auto gear box it automatically engages the centre diff lock, so you may have cooked something. I do hope you haven't.

Might be worth reading and understanding the owners hand book before fiddling with the 4WD, low range or diff locks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back