Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Trevs 70 pics

Trevor

Country Flag
england
I was looking for a truck that had already been modded and would become my toy where I would stop cringing at every scratch when laning which I was doing to my 120.

This one came up on Ebay and looked worth driving up North to view, was suprised no one picked up on it on here which made me wonder if it was a lemon, on viewing I found that most of the works had been carried out by West Coast 4x4 and given the number of previous owners I wonder if any of them are on the Forum.

Mrs Trev was happy with this truck as she would not lose me in a workshop for 2 years trying to convert something to this standard. So here are some pics and look forward to any comments or critique.

P1020020.jpg

P1020021.jpg

P1020022.jpg

P1020023.jpg

P1020024.jpg

P1020025.jpg

P1020026.jpg

P1020027.jpg

P1020028.jpg

P1020029.jpg

P1020030.jpg

P1020031.jpg

P1020033.jpg

P1020032.jpg

P1020034.jpg

P1020035.jpg

P1020036.jpg

P1020037.jpg

P1020038.jpg

P1020039.jpg

I'm liking that very much indeed. Nice one Trev!!! So what are you going to do with the 120's steps and bumper?

Good one - nice truck. :thumbup: Hope your MOT tester is happy with the fuel tank - that's the one thing I might change.

Looking good trevor :thumbup:

You will be able to have some fun in that and not be bothered.

That carnt be the one you had been talking about surely? Not with the bits it has on it.

karl

120 steps are coming off and having sliders in the coming weeks, bumper I think we'll live with. Hoping to bring Mrs Trev to Lincomb in it and I'll be in the 70, but she needs a skilled, patient co driver/teacher which ain't me.

I would like a better internal fuel tank solution and looking now for options.

Karl, no this was not the one I was talking about and it would have cost me way more dash to get it the the same spec as this one, plus I get to play now instead of waiting 18 months or more fixing something up

looks a nice offroad that :thumbup: i reckon i'll be changine the front of mine to the round headlights, looks :cool: also love the front seats! look alot better than the standard jobbies

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
would like to know what an mot tester says about the tank in the boot (especially about the ratchet straps holding it down)

other than that ... it looks like you're oing to have a lot of fun in it :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

that should be fun offroad!
all ready to go.

are front and back tyres same diameter? look slightly different on photo, but hard to tell

looks good mate. :thumbup:

i love those seats, i wonder what there out of, presuming there not original? :think:

cant wait to see it getting dirty. :twisted:

That looks a fun little truck Trev - good to have it ready to play out of the box :cool:

Nice find dude!!! :cool:

From memory, the tank would be classed as illegal as it must be mounted outside of the passenger cell, with a metal bulkhead or floor between it and the driver/passengers. It must also be mounted by the use of fixed, rigid mounts.

Why was it moved in the first place and why don't you put it back where it should be?

Roger

Obviously you are going to move the tank but you need to be aware that if there was an accident, your insurance would be without doubt, be void.

I did declare an internal tank to the insurance, the previous owner reckons it passed it's last MOT like this. However I think it's too homebrew for my liking and a friend of mine is an MOT tester, he is popping round this week and I want his professional take on it.

I actually want to find a thin, long rectangular tank that conforms to motorsport scrutineering regs if it is to stay internal, I do like the knowledge that I'm not going to ding it if it remains inside but whatever I do it needs to be legal.

@ AndyCook, I got the tape measure out and the fronts are 31", rears are 30". Well spotted. I'm pricing up a set of 35" Hankook Dynapro MT's at the moment but not sure if they are a true 35" when fitted or not. They got a great write up in a US tyre shoot out

http://www.fourwheeler.com/techarticles ... index.html

The tarmac manners as well as mud performance is what appeals to me, that said I'm not experienced at all with MT's so will happily take any advice from those in the know.

@ Ben, the seats I believe are aftermarket Momo seats, they have had some small modification underneath to fit to the original runners but are very comfy indeed.

Don't know, previous owner reckons so and I think Ben is looking at that option too. Not sure how bad the down gearing effect will be and whether the transfer box could be regeared if needed.

Maybe someone else with a 70 who has been down this route could advise?

yeah im running 35"s, although they measure about 34" as there a bit worn.

it does effect the gearing a bit, but its not that bad. i can still cruise at 75mph, which in my truck is fast enough, i wouldnt want to go any faster!

it does take a little longer to get there, but it keeps up with traffic fine.

im looking into importing a set of lower ratio ring and pinion gears for my diffs, i think there a few hundred £'s and that should put the gearing back to standard, if not a little lower. :thumbup:

Trevor said:
I did declare an internal tank to the insurance, the previous owner reckons it passed it's last MOT like this. However I think it's too homebrew for my liking and a friend of mine is an MOT tester, he is popping round this week and I want his professional take on it.

I actually want to find a thin, long rectangular tank that conforms to motorsport scrutineering regs if it is to stay internal, I do like the knowledge that I'm not going to ding it if it remains inside but whatever I do it needs to be legal.

I found these people, when i get the time and money i am going to fit one of there tanks as a secondry tank for overland trips.

http://www.tek-tanks.com/

Back