Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Troopy/ 78 replacement front seat ideas please

Bmonck

Supporter
Country Flag
england
hi
I am looking at options to replace the Toyota stock front seats for a 78. (Actually they are not bad but deffo not great either. )
I saw an earlier post from Ben who put in some X3 seats. Anyone else know of others that (1) can be fitted relatively easily and (2) are truly comfortable for long distances?
I have also seen nice Recaro and Scheel ones but they are certainly pricey when new.

So any suggestions on where to locate any of these (beyond Ebay) second hand also very welcome.
Many thanks

I have been looking for ages without much luck, but did miss a pair of Recaro one the other week

yeah i've been looking around for nice second hand seats for well over a year with no luck. The good ones aren't cheep and the cheap ones aren't good...

I drove my Troopy for over 11 hours the other week with only 1 short stop, and tbh the seats are ok

Hopefully our Aussie friends will have some bright ideas as they have a much bigger population of 78s that have been done up

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'll advice for Subaru Forester Seats.
I once fitted them on LC pzj77 (see picture)
Leather and verry comfortable

image.jpg

For 3 seats up front maybe a mazda or hiace bench seat?

A good mate of mine put a leather rear seat out of a saab in his 80 to make a bench seat.
It's like sitting on a big comfy sofa!
I'll grab a pic when I get chance.

Haha good creativity with the sofas up front. But I really need two, long range comfortable seats.

The Ford seats were probably used ina range of cars of a similar age or as an example a set of Recaros from a mondeo for £200.

Good idea MarkW Thanks.

A good mate of mine put a leather rear seat out of a saab in his 80 to make a bench seat.
It's like sitting on a big comfy sofa!
I'll grab a pic when I get chance.

SAAB gave the world some serious padding. The 9000 Aero interior is still one of my favourites.

EBED99F1-B393-4177-9D09-3D5CE8585DE2.png

Back