Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Troopy build : Webasto / Eberspacher, looking for install tips

TravelToy

Country Flag
belgium
We're starting the Troopy build and one of the must-haves is a Webasto/Eberspacher heater in the back of the truck.
I found a good spot to mount it (near the left hand rear door) so we can get good air supply (the stock rear air vent).
However, I'm struggling to find a good way to deal with the exhaust.
Any brilliant ideas ?

mine is in the right hand corner they is room for the air intake and the exhaust to go straight though the floor
all so the air supply for the burner has to be direct to the outside no other way you can do it

As David said - you really need to make sure the combustion air intake comes from the outside to reduce the chance that any carbon monoxide will build up inside the cabin. you should also really fit a carbon monoxide detector so you are alerted early if this should happen.

thanks for the input, good point on the carbon monoxide detector.
I'm going to make a custom adapter so I can connect the combustion air intake to the stock rear vent. this way, the combustion air comes from the outside and not the inside of the car.

David, any chance to take/post some pics of your setup ?
Especially interested in the exhaust.

thanks for the input, good point on the carbon monoxide detector.
I'm going to make a custom adapter so I can connect the combustion air intake to the stock rear vent. this way, the combustion air comes from the outside and not the inside of the car.

David, any chance to take/post some pics of your setup ?
Especially interested in the exhaust.
You will have no choice But the take the exhaust and the burner intake though the floor it is designed that way
I will take some pics when I go down the yard next sometime this week

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You will have no choice But the take the exhaust and the burner intake though the floor it is designed that way
I will take some pics when I go down the yard next sometime this week

Thanks in advance for the pics !

Hi, Have the pics been posted? I'm also thinking of fitting the heater. I was thinking in the wing space at the left hand rear. I thought I'd seen some pictures of this set up but can't find them now,
Cheers

There is a really good Facebook group dedicated to this type of heater. It's worth joining. There are some key points to observe to ensure trouble free running. The reason that they go wrong / don't work is because of poor installation. The Chinese ones get a bad wrap. The reason for this is simple. Most people who buy an Eber / Webbo etc have it professionally installed. Those who buy Cheap Chinese ones do it themselves - badly. Installed correctly, a Chinese one will work every bit as well as one 4 times the price. There's only one moving part!

Have a look at this site which I’ve found very useful. Tread carefully with second hand units and controls. Some are specially made for certain applications or customers and have less functionality and the older control modules can fail.
Bolting to the floor is a good solid option but factor in both exhaust and intake silencers otherwise they are loud.

Don’t be tempted to take the diesel supply from your engine feed. I’ve heard the return pipe is better but in all honesty fitting an extra pickup pipe into the sender unit is probably the best option apart from a separate fuel tank which can have red in it and if course doesn’t shorten your range (not that they drink much but you get the idea).

My supply is in the return and been just fine for 4 years now, and that was how ebber said do it. But it soon will be coming out as I have got a Wallas XC Duo Diesel cooker
/heater

Last edited:
I do like those Wallas cookers David. Not cheap but a cracking good idea. They look a quality product too.

I do like those Wallas cookers David. Not cheap but a cracking good idea. They look a quality product too.
And not so much more money when you add the high altitude kit to the ebber
Last year in the Alps the ebber would not work as we were to high at 2500m

Hello David,
Do you have any picture of your setup? Especially where in the floor did you go?
Best
G

No sorry can't find any pics but it is in the rear corner right at the back

Back