Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Troopy Build

Hi Charlie,

Looking like a pretty good touring setup now. Drifta have come a long way :)

I wish Toyota would do a pop top from the factory in the troopy, seems a logical option.

WOW! :o

That looks awesome! :clap:

I love what they've done! :drool:

Hi Charlie, your truck is looking great. I do like what Drifta do and your pop top and shower curtain look like great additions.

Forgive me donning my electrician's hat for a minute but I couldn't see any fuses close to the battery there. If it's the case that there's none directly connected at the battery then It is essential to get some fitted sized correctly to protect both the larger and smaller cables. Toyota fit fusible links for this purpose to the main batteries. It's also a good idea to cover both battery terminals with insulating covers. If it's in a protected compartment it's not so necessary but they are so cheap it's worth doing anyway.
Hope you didn't mind me saying.

Looks like you're having a fantastic trip. :thumbup: Keep the updates and photos coming.
Not jealous at all. :eusa-snooty:

Best wishes
Rich
Don't stress, all fused I'll take a photo tomorrow when its light.

Hi Charlie,

Looking like a pretty good touring setup now. Drifta have come a long way :)

I wish Toyota would do a pop top from the factory in the troopy, seems a logical option.
Agree, but I m pretty happy with the Ali-Cab set up.

Reactions: Ako
Been to Out of Town 4WD today, I now have a 57L water tank mounted between the chassis rails.

Just had a shower, now getting ready for a steak.

IMG_3727.JPG IMG_3743.JPG IMG_3744.JPG IMG_3761.JPG

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hey Charlie, Where did you get your alu-cab done for $10k?

I did, its 12500AUD, that's why I ask :)
I guess that's what it's gone up by then, mine was the third roof they installed. I packaged the roof with an awning and other accessories the total invoice was around $13,000, maybe I got a discounted package price.

I packaged the awning too, I got quoted 14300 for just the roof and awning, must have gone up a bit.

I packaged the awning too, I got quoted 14300 for just the roof and awning, must have gone up a bit.
I can send you a copy of the invoice if you like, just PM me your email address.

I can send you a copy of the invoice if you like, just PM me your email address.
Thanks Charlie, that would be great!
I don't have enough posts to start a conversation though, could you message me first?

Hi Charlie,
Nice truck. How has the shower curtain been performing?
I like the Drifta design too:
- any rattling during driving?
- All nicely fixed?
- Did you pre-order?
- Ho long did the install take?
- Can you take out the cooker to cook outside or is it fixed?

Hi Charlie,
Nice truck. How has the shower curtain been performing?
I like the Drifta design too:
- any rattling during driving?
- All nicely fixed?
- Did you pre-order?
- Ho long did the install take?
- Can you take out the cooker to cook outside or is it fixed?

Shower curtain is great, set or packed away in a few seconds. As for the Drifta fit out, I’m very happy with the results...... no rattling at all. I work away so left the Troopy at Drifta for 8 weeks, and it was all done when I got back... my choice. No the cooker is fixed and can’t be outside.

I am planning to use the Drifta package and shower curtain too.

Have you taken your truck outside of Australia yet? Are you planning too? Africa or South America?
I heard some bad stories that the 1VD engine is very sensitive to bad fuel.

Back