Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Trying to talk my husband into buying this 1990 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado LJ71 Diesel

Read up on ACF50 and it looks ideal Towpack cheers :thumbup:

Read up on ACF50 and it looks ideal Towpack cheers :thumbup:

I did the same and it looks just the job.

There's a stockist address in Swansea, might drop in there when I pass next week on a short trip to the UK. Smuggle it back in my suitcase on the plane... :eusa-shhh: :lol:

Swansea is not far from me ! hope you plan to pop in mate ?

I've been using ACF50 for a while now http://www.acf-50.co.uk and also Corrosion Block http://www.acf-50.co.uk/corrosion_block.htm on just about all areas of the vehicle. I also use it on the bikes (road and dirt) and I'm impressed with it. For an exhaust manifold the only finish I've ever used that stayed on was Sperex. Very durable once it's properly cured. I cured a bike header in the oven before fitting and subjecting it to full working temp.

"QUOTE=Clive...Tend to agree Shayne, I haven't been using de-greaser, but I've been jet washing the mud spatter away under the bonnet, and some seam rust has become obvious.

I thought of spraying a weak mix of petrol + clean oil, thinking the petrol will evaporate and the thin film of oil left will help stall the tin worm.

But there must be a product that would save the hassle... "

I AM looking into these products above today. Likely only UK but maybe a comparable here. I have gallons of this stuff called (in Canada) Fluid Film. May be along the same lines PLUS I was cleaning our basement Monday and found a brand new 5 gallon sprayer that has never been used for anything....so.

I have some thinking to do. I live in a rain forest. Rains and rains and mists all winter long. Looking into a dehumidifier/ anti-dessicants etc. for interior. Anything to keep moisture at bay. For the time being it has to sit on my driveway. This is my project today.

Thanks Clive, again. Towpack...

Last edited:
I get the ACF50 & Corrosion Block mail order from here: http://www.flyingshop.com. ACF50 is available on Ebay but I haven't found anywhere else that sells the Corrosion Block in 1 or 5 litre bottles (works out cheaper than aerosols).

Zooey

The ACF/Corrosion Block is made by Lear Chemicals which I believe is based in Canada.

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I get the ACF50 & Corrosion Block mail order from here: http://www.flyingshop.com. ACF50 is available on Ebay but I haven't found anywhere else that sells the Corrosion Block in 1 or 5 litre bottles (works out cheaper than aerosols).

Zooey

The ACF/Corrosion Block is made by Lear Chemicals which I believe is based in Canada.

Thanks Towpack. I am looking into it....right now I have Krown proofed but I do not know how extensive they spray as I was not there. I already have 3 gallons of this http://www.fluid-film.com/applications/automotive/ which appears to be a somewhat similar product to ACF. May do the trick "under the bonnet" as you folks say. I am phoning the Krown people to get a compatibility opinion.

But looking into Lear Chemicals.

Seems the main difference in formula between Fluid Film and ACF is that F Film says it is based on "woolwax" and ACF says no wax...but both claim more or less the same thing.

Seems the main difference in formula between Fluid Film and ACF is that F Film says it is based on "woolwax" and ACF says no wax...but both claim more or less the same thing.

For some reason I am unable to "edit" the above post. However with further reading the "no wax" claim is for the Lear product Rust Block not ACF50.

http://learchem.com/distributors.html

You are right Towpack. Is available (not close to me but available)...this link hooks into dealers around the world. Not Romania though.

Nothing's available here Zooey, as a rule:lol:. That's why I was interested in the supplier based in Swansea, UK, simply because we're paying a flying visit (literally) to that area of the country on Friday. Passing the door, so to speak. I could pick up a liter or two and stash it away in my luggage.

Just keep your fingers crossed the baggage wreckers don't jump up and down on your suitcase Clive…[emoji30][emoji35]

Just keep your fingers crossed the baggage wreckers don't jump up and down on your suitcase Clive…[emoji30][emoji35]

Well if they do, and it leaks everywhere, at least my stuff won't be going rusty :lol:

In that case pack your suitcase full of cruiser parts and take clothes as hand luggage…[emoji6] then the baggage wreckers can do your rust proofing for you. [emoji4]

Nothing's available here Zooey, as a rule:lol:. That's why I was interested in the supplier based in Swansea, UK, simply because we're paying a flying visit (literally) to that area of the country on Friday. Passing the door, so to speak. I could pick up a liter or two and stash it away in my luggage.

I have had some good success when ordering dubious items that are shipped via post. Just saying that airlines can be a bitch about fluids. Postal will normally let legit items through. I ordered some banned (in Canada) ecig fluid via the UK. I had the gal pack It as a personal "gift" to me and label as "art supplies". Another time I just had them ship as is. Canada Post had opened the package after some kind of scan but did let it through. So just saying. It takes longer but sometimes postal shipping is your best bet. More expensive, more time but as long as there is no outright ban it does go through...

Wish you luck. If it is anything like here the scan on luggage will pick up the fluid containers. So fingers crossed.

I'd like to Shayne, but to save a hijack please look for a pm.

Sorry Zooey :shifty:

SORRY Zooey? Come on a quick flight from Romania to nearest switch hub...then a trip over the pond to Toronto...then a trip to Vancouver...a quick taxi ride to the South Terminal...a 2 hour flight to Haida Gwaii? Drop by for coffee?

I use one of these in the car in Winter. http://www.towsure.com/rechargeable-caravan-dehumidifiers-pair Makes a noticeable difference to condensation (lack of) inside.

Anyone with a photo a beautiful pup like that has my vote. I will look at the link but I already laid out a bunch of C/Card cash to get the silica bags from UK. So see if they work first. Price was almost double due to shipping costs. But if they work then will protect my Cruiser plus ordered 4 for husband's vintage van.

I think we have similar winters Towpack with high humidity, rain and mist. Plus putting dogs in the vehicle is a guarantee for moisture. Thanks. Cruiser is here Thursday my time. I will post a hurray pic.. Already got a stone chip on the "wind screen" that is getting fixed with that injection stuff. Big deal here, stone chips.

Am thinking of installing headlight guard screens???? Or maybe put a blanket over the wind screen and drive with my head out the window?

I plastic wrapped my after market headlamps to stop them getting scratched Zooey!

image.jpeg

Thanks for the invite anyway, tea at Shayne's then coffee at Zooey's, that's really jet setting!

Actually, it might be quicker from here going the other way around, I could turn right instead of left, across Russia, Bearing strait and a hop across Alaska, be there in no time. Now that would be an overland adventure!!

Last edited:
Back