Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tuned VDJ Issue

Art-is-lazy

Country Flag
australia
Hi All, new here so still working things out. I have a 2010 Troopy with the VDJ 4.5 V8 diesel. Car is quite fresh with only 120KKm on it. Troopy has benefitted from a huge number of mods as my Outback tourer. Engine mods include turbo, intercooler and plumbing upgraded, and it's been tuned twice as the upgraded were carried out. Injectors are standard. I first noticed an issue when I got the troopy back from these upgrades, when I was accelerating hard in second to merge with highway traffic the engine would appear to hit a torque wall and run out of puff. I initially thought it might be running out of injector/fuel but when I'd change up she'd go back to pulling like a beast. This was a particular problem when accelerating up a bend and I thought it might be some kind of accelerometer issue? Thing is, today problem got a lot worse and engine appears to pull fuel and go into limp mode fore a bit before self correcting. I'm not getting any check engine light and the fitted scan gauge is not returning any codes. All of the work done on the Troopy was done by a major 4WD mechanic where I live, who do a lot of cruisers. Any ideas before I send it back for warranty? Cheers Art

Hi All, new here so still working things out. I have a 2010 Troopy with the VDJ 4.5 V8 diesel. Car is quite fresh with only 120KKm on it. Troopy has benefitted from a huge number of mods as my Outback tourer. Engine mods include turbo, intercooler and plumbing upgraded, and it's been tuned twice as the upgraded were carried out. Injectors are standard. I first noticed an issue when I got the troopy back from these upgrades, when I was accelerating hard in second to merge with highway traffic the engine would appear to hit a torque wall and run out of puff. I initially thought it might be running out of injector/fuel but when I'd change up she'd go back to pulling like a beast. This was a particular problem when accelerating up a bend and I thought it might be some kind of accelerometer issue? Thing is, today problem got a lot worse and engine appears to pull fuel and go into limp mode fore a bit before self correcting. I'm not getting any check engine light and the fitted scan gauge is not returning any codes. All of the work done on the Troopy was done by a major 4WD mechanic where I live, who do a lot of cruisers. Any ideas before I send it back for warranty? Cheers Art
I am in the same predicament as you, upgraded, started firstly getting error P2122, the heaps of black smoke next time and now awaiting diagnostics with local mechanic

Latest is the Mechs think it is a throttle responce issue with the accelerator

I had the throttle gadget replaced, but no difference, then mechanic had a brainwave, removed the intercooler and underneath is a vacuum tube that goes to the turbo it had become detached glued it up and stuck it back and now all systems GO GO GO

Replaced the throttle response gadget under accelerator took ages to fix the "bar steward" attached tube and glued it on now no problems. Hope that is of some help?

Reactions: Raj
Back