Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

turbo reconditioned

Knucklehead

Been noticing an increase in oil showing around the air intake hose where it connects to the turbo.
Thought might be a good time to get the turbo reconditioned when removed for upcoming coolant pipe replacement.

Anybody got any good recommendation for turbo shops in the UK that can do a good job?
Spoke to a few local turbo 'garages' and they didn't fill me full of confidence.

Cheers,
Dave.

Universal Turbos in Fordingbridge, top chaps & top service, Speak to Grahame & mention Declan sent you their way

Thanks again. Don't want to take any chances with the turbo in the hands of my local 'experts'.

You could also ask Julian at Overland Cruisers, He has some one he uses for turbo's, they will also increase the airflow produced by the turbo if you wished to increase the boost a little.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I was(*) expecting to need a turbo in the near future and i was planning to go down the rebuild route. There are lots of turbos on ebay but they are too cheap. I expect they could be quality control rejects being sold as new. Apologies to any vendors if thats not the case but ive had friends who have had bad experiences. Turbo Technics have been a respected name for decades so you wont go wrong with them.

(*) it was smoking quite a bit until i changed the cam belt. Its been fine since but i havent done any long journeys yet but I'm hoping it was the diesel pump timing which was slightly out. If it has sorted it i will be calling Turbo Technics.

Paul

All good suggestions, thanks fellas. Think there are a few Chinese turbos floating around.
They might be ok but not something I'm going take a chance with. Picking pieces of turbo out of my 12v doesn't appeal to me.

Maybe worth talking to http://www.turbotechnics.com/, I have no first hand experience but have been told good things about them.

I've had experience with using turbotechnics. They completely overhauled my turbo for my 60 series conversion. It returned very well presented too!

60 turbo returns 004.JPG

They do a partial overhaul and test for around £180 ish and a complete overhaul for £360 ish. They are the only place in the UK that do "dynamic core-balancing" on their own design Vibration Sorting Rig where they balance upto 250 000 rpm correcting any imbalance measured.

They tested mine upto 80 000 rpm and supplied a graph with it. All in all very professional company.

I highly recomend! All the best!

Attachments

• 60 turbo returns 007.JPG
    60 turbo returns 007.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 242
Back