Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Turned to the dark side

well done you have made a great job Tom.

Last edited:
But Tommy ........ you painted it the wrong colour ........ its gonna look real odd on my drive now :drool:

Wow.. looks great.

I would have bought that model back in it's day, but never found one and ended up with the KZJ70... no regrets but still like these.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Lovely job - looks ace.

What size tyres are they - they look huge! Are you okay under full articulation??

I think the trouble is they were squarely aimed at the roughnecks and battered around farms and the like so few survived .

386AEA1E-3B7E-4260-87B1-75D1A291A805.jpeg

Nice patrol :sunglasses:
Here in Belgium everyone drives Patrols because they were cheap and very strong, but over here they have a "redneck/hillbilly status" so to speak :tearsofjoy: .
I still love them tough, they are a good out of the box offroader.

Tom, the Patrol is looking amazing, you can see that a lot of work has gone into making it that good, and a lot of custom fab as well.

Top job.

@Dave_S It’s on 37” BF-Goodrich, it suits them perfectly, I also find the 37” tyres suit what I want out of the vehicle. 35’s would of been slightly to small on the tracks in Portugal.

Cool - Tommy - they do look the business - I was just wondering if they fouled at all?

View attachment 152382 Well phase 2 started today, pulling the RD28 out to make way for the TD42T, I was lucky enough to get my hands on a factory turbo engine, they are very rare.

I am going to be painting the engine bay while it’s out, witch is quite the job.
May I say great looking truck, and good choice of engine, good friend of mine has two, and on our trip to Morocco performed admirably. ( with this 4.2 factory turbo) On the build; is the wheelbase altered? Will you stay with the part time 4 WD or change to a centre diff type 4WD? These engines appear to be absolutely bulletproof, and huge amount of power/ torque can be obtained from them, wish you well with this project, I love it, best regards Bill Westley

Thanks, the wheel bas has been altered some what, it’s now a medium wheel base.

It will be staying with the part time 4wd, the engines are really good set up correctly, they do get some bad press but you generally find they have been cowboy tuned.

Well I made a start on the engine conversion over Christmas, I didn’t get as much as I would of liked done really, the main objectives were to remove the old 2.8, deal with and rust and give it a paint, it’s turned out ok, even found time to try on a set of Ali beadlocks I’ve had my eye on, once fitted I had to order a set.

I did come across some rot that had to be dealt with, so in went a new battery tray and replaced the front panel, witch was quite easy to be honest, managed to buy a genuine Nissan front panel for a reasonable price.

D3A5ED7C-FFAE-43B2-B26D-2B5324FCFA29.jpeg

D5BA1B02-54B7-432A-9601-CCA7844E97AB.jpeg

9042139B-B330-461F-A126-F7F2FD50A07A.jpeg

95FB1BBA-2A14-4CB1-BA5C-D1709916AA7C.jpeg

C142B17C-25AB-4F5B-8E2D-EC987D67C532.jpeg

Back