Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tuscany Aug 2019

Rosy

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Evening all,

So the missus and I will be heading to Tuscany in August for a wedding and I was hoping someone on the forum might be able to provide some insider tips on epic campsites, hidden gems, offroad tracks or possibly be in the area and up for a chat over a propper cuppa (sri lankan) tea :)

Any tips, advice gratefully received!

Rosy

I had been hoping to head there in September. But wife if having a Hip Op so no overland trip this year :(
I had got As far as downloading maps for oziexplorer and some trails off Wikiloc, there were a few trails there. No idea what they are like, but was going to check them out
Didn’t look into campsites.
So interested to see what others say or what you do :)

I think that on the way down you can go to "passo Jafferau", "colle dell'assietta" and "la via del Sale" (from Limone piemonte)...

Thanks @Aeronick, I'll definitely look into those tracks in a bit more detail.

@AndyCook , were there any trails that you were particularly interested in doing? Shame about the missus, I hope she's on the mend

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If you do the previous itinerary I've sent, then you can do a bit of concrete going to Briancon (nice).
You can follow the "route de le grand alpes" for a bit and then "colle della bonette" and then go to Limone Piemonte to take "la via del sale"

"Via del sale" need to be paid....15€, and they accept only 80 cars a day,so it's better to book in advance in order to be sure...
Hereafter the website (in Italian) for this road and attached a PDF with a little description in English.

http://www.limoneturismo.it/pagina.php?id=76&lang=ita

Attachments

• Cartina_Via_Del_Sale_-_definitivo.pdf
    4.4 MB · Views: 67
I think that on the way down you can go to "passo Jafferau", "colle dell'assietta" and "la via del Sale" (from Limone piemonte)...
YEah, great trails. Driven them all, some three times now

Rosy these were the ones I was thinking of, from Wikiloc

4FE889D4-7B64-4B42-9CFC-9F0D38B2DA62.png
359FF072-4F9A-4401-A6FA-6D871623E549.png

Thanks gents, that's really helpful and a good base on which to plan a route and itinerary :)

Back