TV over crimbo/new year

joinerman Dec 31, 2018

1. joinerman

joinerman Well-Known Member

Garage:
    Map
    Don't know what others think but there's been nothing but crap on .

2. Steve Wright

Steve Wright Well-Known Member I am in great_britain

Map
    And what has been on has been a repeat and they still want full licence fee !

3. Towpack

Towpack Well-Known Member Supporter I am in england

Garage:
    Map
    Red Bull Soap Box Challenge was a laugh and enjoyed Billy Connelly’s final tour program. Other than the few old classic films on (again), nothing else comes to mind!

4. Chris

Chris Super Moderator Supporter I am in europe

Garage:
    Map
    Every year I say it's been the worst year so far. But this year possibly re sets the bar even lower than my expectations. Only highlight so far.... Carry on up the Khyber.

froggy Steve likes this.
  5. moggy1968

moggy1968 Well-Known Member

Map
    I watched levenson walking the Himalayas on catch up, that was really good.

6. karl webster

karl webster Land Cruiser Club sponsor Promoted Company Guru Land Cruiser Club Promoted Company

Map
    We've not watched tv for over 7 years now Brian. I actually have a tv now but only watch the odd film off dvd etc.

Higgy likes this.
  7. Paddler Ed

Paddler Ed Well-Known Member I am in australia

Garage:
    Map
    Been watching a fair bit of RedBull TV at the moment - really enjoyed the range of things there... tend to have it on most days, and certainly when I'm at uni I'll have it on in the background.

8. BobMurphy

BobMurphy Well-Known Member I am in scotland

Map
    Agree. Fortunately I had recorded some films during the year.

Despite living in Scotland I didn't see it in, nor did I watch Ali Bain & Phil Cunningham (again) :doh:.

Bob.

9. Higgy

Higgy Well-Known Member Supporter I am in denmark

Map
    With you there Karl. We never had a TV for 5yrs when we lived on the Boat.. We Have one now but never watch it... Just the odd documentary on i player.. Haven't watched mainstream TV for years … Its Shite!.. I search for interesting stuff via the internet.. But you still need a [email protected]%ing License.. Baffles me!

10. karl webster

karl webster Land Cruiser Club sponsor Promoted Company Guru Land Cruiser Club Promoted Company

Map
    Do some research on you tube mate to see if you need a license or not ;)

we havnt had one for years.

Higgy likes this.
  11. Shayne

Shayne Well-Known Member Guru

Map
    Typical of our tv viewing

Helen "aww no do you think her son did it"
    Me "huh what eh erm i dunno i was looking at the wrought iron fence in the background its smart that ain't it"

Because ads are so much louder than the movies we mostly don't watch it with the sound muted making them two very expensive 55" ............ lamps :wtf:

Higgy and karl webster like this.
  12. Towpack

Towpack Well-Known Member Supporter I am in england

Garage:
    Map
    You need a TV licence to watch ANY live programs on ANY channel, plus ANYTHING on the IPlayer. The IPlayer thing came around 18 months ago I think to fill a ‘loophole’ in the licensing racket. It’s a disgrace. They’re (BBC) spending £86m rebuilding the Eastenders set, over budget by £27m and 5 years behind schedule. They’re also moaning they will not be able to foot the bill for free licences for the over 70’s when the government stops doing so next year. To think that someone could potentially go to prison for not buying a TV licence, even if they never watch the BBC is absurd. They should be made to encrypt their service, as other broadcasters have, and let those who want it pay for it.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    Higgy, moggy1968 and Shayne like this.
  13. Higgy

Higgy Well-Known Member Supporter I am in denmark

Map
    Whole heartedly agree Towpack. It is a disgrace..... Love or hate 'em' We should be a bit more like the French.. If there is something we disagree with, We should rally together, Riot, and burn every Village.. Just a thought!:thumbup:

Chas, froggy Steve and karl webster like this.
  14. froggy Steve

froggy Steve Well-Known Member Supporter I am in europe

Map
    nooooo! French tv is crap! think wheel of fortune, bullseye..........oh man its rubbish! mind you, Barnaby (midsummer murders) thats ok, and we get to see the latest one before uk does!

Higgy likes this.
  15. GeekOKent

GeekOKent Well-Known Member Supporter I am in uk

Map
    I remember the days, back when there was time to watch tv

karl webster likes this.
Don't like the adverts? Become a supporter