TV over crimbo/new year

Towpack

Supporter
I am in england
Oct 4, 2011
UK
Garage
Red Bull Soap Box Challenge was a laugh and enjoyed Billy Connelly’s final tour program. Other than the few old classic films on (again), nothing else comes to mind!

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in europe
Feb 24, 2010
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Garage
Every year I say it's been the worst year so far. But this year possibly re sets the bar even lower than my expectations. Only highlight so far.... Carry on up the Khyber.

Reactions: froggy Steve
Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

moggy1968

Jun 12, 2013
I watched levenson walking the Himalayas on catch up, that was really good.

BobMurphy

I am in scotland
Mar 1, 2010
Kirkliston, Scotland
Agree. Fortunately I had recorded some films during the year.

Despite living in Scotland I didn't see it in, nor did I watch Ali Bain & Phil Cunningham (again) :doh:.

Bob.

Higgy

Supporter
I am in denmark
Mar 6, 2018
sandwich kent
We've not watched tv for over 7 years now Brian. I actually have a tv now but only watch the odd film off dvd etc.
With you there Karl. We never had a TV for 5yrs when we lived on the Boat.. We Have one now but never watch it... Just the odd documentary on i player.. Haven't watched mainstream TV for years … Its Shite!.. I search for interesting stuff via the internet.. But you still need a [email protected]%ing License.. Baffles me!

karl webster

Land Cruiser Club sponsor
Promoted Company
Guru
Land Cruiser Club Promoted Company
May 20, 2010
ashbourne derbyshire
With you there Karl. We never had a TV for 5yrs when we lived on the Boat.. We Have one now but never watch it... Just the odd documentary on i player.. Haven't watched mainstream TV for years … Its Shite!.. I search for interesting stuff via the internet.. But you still need a [email protected]%ing License.. Baffles me!
Do some research on you tube mate to see if you need a license or not ;)

we havnt had one for years.

Reactions: Higgy

Shayne

Supporter
Guru
Feb 2, 2013
South Wales UK
Typical of our tv viewing

Helen "aww no do you think her son did it"
Me "huh what eh erm i dunno i was looking at the wrought iron fence in the background its smart that ain't it"

Because ads are so much louder than the movies we mostly don't watch it with the sound muted making them two very expensive 55" ............ lamps :wtf:

Towpack

Supporter
I am in england
Oct 4, 2011
UK
Garage
You need a TV licence to watch ANY live programs on ANY channel, plus ANYTHING on the IPlayer. The IPlayer thing came around 18 months ago I think to fill a ‘loophole’ in the licensing racket. It’s a disgrace. They’re (BBC) spending £86m rebuilding the Eastenders set, over budget by £27m and 5 years behind schedule. They’re also moaning they will not be able to foot the bill for free licences for the over 70’s when the government stops doing so next year. To think that someone could potentially go to prison for not buying a TV licence, even if they never watch the BBC is absurd. They should be made to encrypt their service, as other broadcasters have, and let those who want it pay for it.

Last edited:

Higgy

Supporter
I am in denmark
Mar 6, 2018
sandwich kent
You need a TV licence to watch ANY live programs on ANY channel, plus ANYTHING on the IPlayer. The IPlayer thing came around 18 months ago I think to fill a ‘loophole’ in the licensing racket. It’s a disgrace. They’re (BBC) spending £86m rebuilding the Eastenders set, over budget by £27m and 5 years behind schedule. They’re also moaning they will not be able to foot the bill for free licences for the over 70’s when the government stops doing so next year. To think that someone could potentially go to prison for not buying a TV licence, even if they never watch the BBC is absurd. They should be made to encrypt their service, as other broadcasters have, and let those who want it pay for it.
Whole heartedly agree Towpack. It is a disgrace..... Love or hate 'em' We should be a bit more like the French.. If there is something we disagree with, We should rally together, Riot, and burn every Village.. Just a thought!:thumbup:

froggy Steve

Supporter
I am in europe
Jul 26, 2012
Dordogne, SW France
nooooo! French tv is crap! think wheel of fortune, bullseye..........oh man its rubbish! mind you, Barnaby (midsummer murders) thats ok, and we get to see the latest one before uk does!

Reactions: Higgy
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks