Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tyre Choice

Mike001

Country Flag
australia
LJ78W-PGT

Have decided to replace all tyres and did some research around re: What type of tyre did I really need to cover my expected usage ???

This opened many worm cans of course, as there appears to be many differing points of view re suitability and personal preferences/loyalty to a specific brand. After many hours reading etc etc etc , I decided upon the Yokohama Geolandar G012 - 31*10.5*15. Will do an update when I have a few :) klm/miles on them.

What did you buy and why??

Cheers,
Mike

LJ78W-PGT

Have decided to replace all tyres and did some research around re: What type of tyre did I really need to cover my expected usage ???

This opened many worm cans of course, as there appears to be many differing points of view re suitability and personal preferences/loyalty to a specific brand. After many hours reading etc etc etc , I decided upon the Yokohama Geolandar G012 - 31*10.5*15. Will do an update when I have a few :) klm/miles on them.

What did you buy and why??

Cheers,
Mike

Finally on the road today, and after 200klm of driving, can attest to the high level of quietness from the G012, grip appears to very good but was mostly highway run time with a few tight corners. Will post again when I get some backroads happening.

Have now done approx 10K klms (I know, I need to get out more) on the Geolanders across Freeway, Highway, back road bitumen (Australian version :p ), a few dirt mountain range climbs and about 4k klm towing a camper van and poptop.

The tread has survived with minimal marking, distortion or wear and it would appear to be a more than realistic target of achieving a 65-70k klm run out of them. I note there have been stated concerns over the sidewall durability but it is my thought that correct pressures for the differing terrains and when in some dubious situations a small thought about the tyre construction/build will more than pay off in durability.

Merry Christmas Folks and Stay Safe out there!

Mike

Merry Christmas to you Mike, and thanks for the update.

I find that “tyre talk” gets quite personal with likes, dislikes and your own personal driving style, conditions, terrain and expectations.

Merry Christmas to you Mike, and thanks for the update.

I find that “tyre talk” gets quite personal with likes, dislikes and your own personal driving style, conditions, terrain and expectations.

--------

Yep. Horses (tyres) for courses :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back