Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tyre pressure monitoring System - Options

dyladams

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hi All,

Is anyone using a tyre pressure monitoring system on their truck?

Looking for options - I see some of the ones on Amazon have solar panels so they charge teh control unit. Or there is the 12v option. I am looking for one that's easy to install yet does not look like a bolt on system.

Does anyone have any experience recently?

I've got the Tyre Pal system. Works well. I had an early one that failed after a while. One of the sensors kept playing up and in the end I just replaced the whole thing. Been good ever since. Really helpful information to have. This looks like the most up to date version of what I've had for the last couple of years.

https://www.tyrepal.co.uk/product/solar-colour/

Many Thanks Chris.

Looks like a similar / same one I saw on Amazon.

I am thinking of using the ones that only screw onto the valve cap at this point in time. Are those the ones you went for?

Does anyone else have some experience in a different / cheaper option?

similar ones on ebay for between £20 - £25 , I have just orded one a few days ago with a similar wheel sensors but with cig lighter connection for info screen for £21 on ebay .

The Tyrepal one is solar powered which is a massive improvement over the old one. No flippin wires.

@Chris Can you air up and down without taking them off ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
No. They are effectively valve caps. But they have a small anti theft lock nut on there too.

OK when you put them on, you set upper and lower alarm limits for your vehicle. If you aired down and put them back on, then the alarm would go off. So if I am airing down, I leave them off. If I drop to say 12 psi I don't really need a tyre pressure monitor. They show temp too and it's interesting to see the pressure and temp change as you drive. Very helpful I found in setting front to rear pressures when loaded. It's the movement of the rubber, largely, that raises the tyre temp. So if they're too soft the temp goes up. It's a neat thing. I'd like two more senders to put on the trailer because obviously you can't really feel that as you're towing whereas with the vehicle you can detect problems more readily. Good when you first jump in to get a systems check before you drive very far. After that I pretty much ignore it other than an alarm

Back