Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tyre Recommendations

Ben Stratford

Supporter
Country Flag
england
Totally stupidly subjective I know, but is there a "consensus" as to the best few types of tyres that we prefer for a given use?
my truck has a oair of new road tyres on the back and an old all terrain front left and an ancient mud terrain front right.
Before winter i want to get a matched set for mainly road use but occasional off road green lane type use
Maxxis trepidors have been recommended, are there others??

Totally stupidly subjective I know, but is there a "consensus" as to the best few types of tyres that we prefer for a given use?
my truck has a oair of new road tyres on the back and an old all terrain front left and an ancient mud terrain front right.
Before winter i want to get a matched set for mainly road use but occasional off road green lane type use
Maxxis trepidors have been recommended, are there others??
Decided on bf goodrich a/t. Will get wheels powdercoated then have them fitted.
I drive about 25000 miles per year so will see how they go.
Previous favourites have been enduro brand, good for 50000 miles on my 80.

Tbe balancing options cbosen left no weights visible from the external view so adhwsive and rim weights were added to rear face of wheel

BFG ATs are my tyre of choice, I have covered 35,000 miles and they still are near new.
No punctures either.

I don't think you can go wrong with BFG ATs. I'm trying to get a set of 5 here, but it's not easy, they're special import.

Back