Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

UK General Election - 8th June

Personally I just envy you that you actually had the bottle to get out of the damn EU.

image.jpeg
Says it all really.

I have been involved in politics most of my life and if circumstances change
you must be prepared to meet them.Congrats Theresa.

I have been involved in politics most of my life and if circumstances change
you must be prepared to meet them.Congrats Theresa.

In other words, 'align' your principles to suit public opinion and whatever will get you (re)elected. Or if you're already in power, orchestrate events for the same effect. ;)

That seems to be what most successful politicians do.....

The kids are arguing who should have which bedroom , mum is choosing a new kitchen because Aunty Betty and family are visiting next month , the eldest is only worried about her wedding and the son who left home is thinking of returning . Dad sits in the car outside reading a letter of eviction .

There is a solution but it will require a united commitment from the whole family .

The last time someone opposed a single political party that thought it could dominate all others 20 million people died . So we don't need grandstanding , stubbornness , self promotion or image to play any part of who is at the helm for the next 4 years because the next 4 years will shape Britain's future for the rest of our lives .

It probably seems like an about turn from me but i will vote for May because she is of the ruling class , her response to the sad happenings on Westminster bridge tells me think before you speak and facts before rhetoric are her trademark . I accept her true agenda must remain hidden until negotiations are done but i will put my faith blindly in the reasoning that the Tories even unopposed cannot hurt Britain as profoundly and long term as the EU would if Corby Clown was at the head of exit negotiations .

Last edited:
In other words, 'align' your principles to suit public opinion and whatever will get you (re)elected. Or if you're already in power, orchestrate events for the same effect. ;)

That seems to be what most successful politicians do.....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I don't see any sacrifice of principles but someone who knows what the majority of the people voted for and considers that this is the best way to achieve it.

Okay, I don't have a UK vote, but speaking openly I think Shayne's evaluation is pretty much on the money. The UK can either get together behind Brexit and all that involves, or devolve into in-fighting and political posturing.... guess you make your choices. Can't see a serious alternative to the Tories currently though...

Reactions: Pat
I don't see any sacrifice of principles but someone who knows what the majority of the people voted for and considers that this is the best way to achieve it.

This has far less to do with the EU exit than is suggested.
A larger majority would allow issues like Grammar Schools and the further privatisation of the NHS to continue without opposition, Brexit is happening and hard or soft depends on the EU not on us. 27 states have already voted for "no trade negotiations until the divorce is complete" the global tour of sucking up to despotic regimes like Saudi has already begun following the secret blank cheque given to people like Nissan. The exit must be for the benefit of the British people not for the business interests of the cabinet or the party. We all know from their expense claims the vast majority of politicians only have their own interests at heart. Former health minister joins healthcare company... Former defence minister joins arms manufacturer it's what always happens. A narrower majority can keep things in check.

I fear what May will give us is a change in the small print with a well balanced political deceit allowing her to claim victory on both sides of the leave/remain divide .

But its ludicrous to think anyone can undo the past 20 years in short order so the way i look at it she is laying the groundwork for an orderly retreat and it will be a decade before the ultimate outcome is plain to see .

The power to walk away is a powerful incentive indeed because the EU cannot afford to take a pay cut and the fabled 60 billion exit fee has to come from somewhere . I'm sure there are any number of EU projects that an independent Britain could voluntarily commit to in order to avoid the deficit , but of course we could not commit to such things if our economy is damaged as a result of the divorce .

Maybe i'm wrong but life goes on and greed will always rule , regardless of this the message has been delivered read and understood throughout the western world that if you don't pay heed to the pawns they will topple kings and queens .

Back