Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Unique Sport Diamond Pattern Interior Open-Top Fj-40

Diogo

Country Flag
united_states
full?lightbox=1&last_edit_date=1521033783.jpg

Hey guys,

I work for Legacy Overland and we restore vintage Land Cruisers.

This is Project Spruce. We're really proud of how it turned out.

I'm really interested in hearing what hardcore Land Cruiser fans think about our work

You can see the specs sheet of the car and a ton of more photos here:
https://goo.gl/qg1fJ2
:)

wow your job is restoring Land Cruisers...... lucky man. Welcome to the site Diogo.

Lovely builds by the way ... apart from the Land Rovers....... which have probably broken down by now :lol::lol::lol::lol:

wow your job is restoring Land Cruisers...... lucky man. Welcome to the site Diogo.

Lovely builds by the way ... apart from the Land Rovers....... which have probably broken down by now :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for the welcoming!

It is a pretty nice job.

And I must say all our builds are quality builds, even the Land Rovers, they don't break down :lol::lol::lol:

And I must say all our builds are quality builds, even the Land Rovers, they don't break down

Yeah I know Diogo - couldn't help myself..... (its a British thing...)

Been browsing around the website a bit more this afternoon. They really are some great looking trucks you've built there, and some interesting projects coming up by the looks of it.

Hi Diogo,
Welcome.
Project Spruce: I like the attention to detail, having gone through the photos, and the approach to the 'restoration'.
The bits that don't sit too comfortably with me are;
1 The interior; excellent upholstery but it's a bit 'hair-dresserish' for a tough truck and for my taste.
2 Shame the doors are 'glass, regardless of how much prep they never look like steel even when painted .
3 Personally I think the black paint over powers the blue. For me a charcoal would have been better.

Obviously these are just my own views and the overall standard is very good, as it should be with a professional body off resto.
Sorry I don't like the interior but the truck looks off-road capable and that can be hard on a truck and its interior but it just looks to pretty and not tough enough. JMO.

Regards,
Rodger

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Diogo,
Welcome.
Project Spruce: I like the attention to detail, having gone through the photos, and the approach to the 'restoration'.
The bits that don't sit too comfortably with me are;
1 The interior; excellent upholstery but it's a bit 'hair-dresserish' for a tough truck and for my taste.
2 Shame the doors are 'glass, regardless of how much prep they never look like steel even when painted .
3 Personally I think the black paint over powers the blue. For me a charcoal would have been better.

Obviously these are just my own views and the overall standard is very good, as it should be with a professional body off resto.
Sorry I don't like the interior but the truck looks off-road capable and that can be hard on a truck and its interior but it just looks to pretty and not tough enough. JMO.

Regards,
Rodger

I’ve also studied the photos of the restorations and find them impressive. I suppose Rodger’s observations would be tempered by whether the restorations had been done to create a stock of restored vehicles for sale, or whether they had been restored to individual customers’ specifications or requests.

Maybe there’s just a lot of hairdressers wanting restored 40s these days :lol:

Lovely work in any event, keep up the good work... :thumbup:

Agreed Clive, but I'm of the school that uses my 40 (my only vehicle) so it serves to collect logs, bring the olive harvest in over v rough tracks, run as many trails as we can find (from mountains to deserts) and so on. They are tough and IMO if they are too cute then the chances are they won't get to exercise all their capabilities and there is so much pleasure in experiencing just how good they are in extreme (for me as driver) conditions. I know the 40 can handle far more than I am prepared to give it but we do try.

Regards,
Rodger

It has been great to read all your opinions.

If this is not the most suited interior for you, Rodger, maybe you'd like to see some more options over on our Instagram.

Diogo, Had a look through the photos and the standard of workmanship looks very high. I was not implying that quality wasn't there, far from it it is obviously very good but merely expressed my opinion that, for me, a more rugged look is better suited to the 40. Some of the other interiors look very 'in keeping' with the style of the 40 series.

Regards

Rodger

Back