Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Unknown 1982 BJ41 hub cap emblem

Do you think this is a Toyota Logo or aftermarket design?

• Aftermarket

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dal290la

Country Flag
united_states
IMG_0329[1].JPG
IMG_0330[1].JPG
Members,
has anyone seen this logo before? They came off of my 1982 BJ41.
Please let me know I can't find anything related to this design.

Dave

Looks like a variation of the old Toyota emblem from before the "bean in a sombrero" design we have now.
I remember it because when my i was a kid my mother had a horse riding stables in the 1970/80's and a 1 ton 1970's hilux pickup for getting hay and feed etc.

Linky

Last edited:
Looks like a variation of the old Toyota emblem from before the "bean in a sombrero" design we have now.
I remember it because when my i was a kid my mother had a horse riding stables in the 1970/80's and a 1 ton 1970's hilux pickup for getting hay and feed etc.

Linky

Thank you Linky you are correct! I found a very interesting article on the history of the the Toyota logo and brand. It originally started as TOYODA and evolved into TOYOTA because the japanese characters to write the word was 2 pen strokes less....... very interesting

http://japantravelcafe.com/japanese...nese-from-car-names-toyota-part-2-toyota-logo

I think that would be late 70's early 80's ? & as Ben S. says above on the Crown here.
In Aus my 74 FJ40 has this logo center steering wheel - Screenshot from 2017-12-18 13-37-19.png

But i think by about 77 here they had changed to thisScreenshot from 2017-12-18 13-37-58.png

I dont recall any 40 series here with hubcaps as standard but they were an option in steel i think - so perhaps a US market thing?

My old 40 -
1982-01-01_00a1.jpg

rgds
G.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Our 40 is a 1977 model and the steering wheel emblem is as shown although our pointy bit points upwards.
I'm reasonably certain that European spec 40s came with hubcaps - the front ones having a centre hole cut out to allow the free-wheel hub to protrude.

Back