Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Unknown problem

Sandblazer

Country Flag
georgia
Hi all,
I own 01 TLC 100 4.7, soon after the purchase I noticed that it brakes for a second I believe with one tire only and cruise light is blinking once or twice, it happens when driving slowly.
After it was checked in local Toyota official dealer, they said inner piston of FR brake was stuck not letting inner pad getting rid of rotor. But after repairing same problem occurred before i get home.
Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be and where to start checking?

Hi,

You might have a problem with A-TRAC. Possibly a wheel speed sensor, thats presuming you have A-TRAC fitted, let us know.

Toyota redesigned the 100 Series differential and traction control system in 2000. Starting in 2000 Toyota removed the rear locker, and redesigned the front differential to withstand more stress. They added a system known to us as A-TRAC. From 2000-2007 IFS 100's were equipped with A-TRAC.

First of all thanks for feedback :)
I never heard about this system before and when I checked in internet about ATRAC I think speed sensor failure can impose similar problems.
Will try to diagnose by computer and let you know
Thank you again!

Back