Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

uploading videos?

Maybe I shouldn't do this here, but a test from the iPad works fine... But as an "attached image" not embedded in the text.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 148
Clive, the "fancy" one uses flash which is not supported on ipad so it falls back to the basic option which should explain the behaviour.

I'm a iDon't so can't really test on iStuff.
Can you send a screen print I'd what you getting?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Clive, the "fancy" one uses flash which is not supported on ipad so it falls back to the basic option which should explain the behaviour.

I'm a iDon't so can't really test on iStuff.
Can you send a screen print I'd what you getting?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Hi Cris, it used to work fine and the process on the iPad appears identical before and after your tweaks.

Only now, it looks like there's no photo uploaded (I uploaded at the end of the last sentence) but when I post, it's there!

as if by magic! :lol:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    342.1 KB · Views: 127
GE CT Scanner.jpgclive.jpg

Clive, Don't quite understand what you're saying. Each time I upload an image or add multiple I can see them being added to the post. A|m I just being dumb and not understanding?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've just found what looks to be a nice plug in for the forum which simplifies uploading photos and videos and, from the demo, does a much better job than the native features.
There is a free trial which I'll install and play with tomorrow and see how that goes. All being well, I can get the full version if it seems worth it.

for now though, it's a case of uploading the pics manually or adding your video to youtube and then linking to it here. See the stickies in this section for a how-to.

CP

I got an email from the company who wrote the software. They are giving me a full-blown trial to play with for a bit to see. The normal trial I had from them did not do what Roger originally wanted so asked for a full version. Once they get that to me then I'll be able to have a play with it some more and enable it for all.

Not forgotten...

Attachments

• P1010167.JPG
    P1010167.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 198
Sorry if I wasn't very clear Cris, I was meaning that the pic was added after the text as an attached image not within the text as we would prefer when posting. As shown in your examples above. (Picture inserted here).

It is still the same now as I'm typing, the picture I attached (above) is not visible at all.

When I press post, it will be there at the end of the text as an attached image.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Hi Crispin,

Appreciating that you are a busy man and that my request is 'not forgotten', I just wondered if you'd had time to try out the kit for loading videos?

I guess you will let us know as and when you are happy with it.

Regards,

Lately I've tried uploading vids taken on the iPad. I know Cris is an "iDon't" but it would be so handy to be able to do this. With some difficulties, I can upload photos, but when I try a video I get an error message.

I'll try to screenshot the stages if it helps. They are posted below the following descriptions, because (as I mentioned in an earlier post on this thread) the photos only display after posting as attached images, not in the text of the post. (I think Cris explained that was because iPads don't support flash player).

Stage 1 - press photo icon
Stage 2 - press choose file
Stage 3 - press choose existing
Stage 4 - press folder name (camera roll)
Stage 5 - press video file to select
Stage 6 - press use
Stage 7 - video file compressing (blue progress bar)
Stage 8 - press upload file
Stage 9 - get invalid file message

So near and yet so far away.....

:?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    326.3 KB · Views: 83
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    357.5 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    536.6 KB · Views: 97
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    402.1 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    411 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    342 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Roger, not forgotten or gone quiet. :) The guy who wrote the software I'm after did a vanishing act. He resurfaced about a week ago but has yet to get back to me with a licence key so I can make it work. I've chased him again, waiting for a reply. The version I have installed is a very slimmed down version which does not offer anything of much value which is why I am waiting for the real version (but don't want to pay to test it..)
It's still something I want to get working so won't go cold.

Clive, try again please. I've allowed .mov videos so it should allow you to upload that one now. Not sure how it will play but lets see....

Oooh, exiting!

Here goes.... Oops, my 22 second video, even after compression is twice the file size limit :shifty:

Wot a bummer...:doh:

Try again. 500MB is the limit now. Can't realistically make it bigger though. The "new" stuff should help out.

Try again. 500MB is the limit now. Can't realistically make it bigger though. The "new" stuff should help out.

500MB will do nicely, the 1 minute 40 vid is about 18 MB.

Here goes...

Attachments

• trim.1869386B-C500-4991-B76F-5EAAA8F33029.MOV
    59.3 MB · Views: 118
yup, it's there and just prompts for downloading and watching. Damn that is some nice snow!

yup, it's there and just prompts for downloading and watching. Damn that is some nice snow!

Hey, it works too! Thanks Crispin!

Yep, that was last Sunday taking our 5yr old for her skiing lessons. It's about 30 minutes drive from the house. Must remember to turn off the music next time so the Zaust can be heard without interference! :lol:

Now that's what you call snow, very nice, can't say the same for the music though. :angry-nono: :laughing-rolling:

Now that's what you call snow, very nice, can't say the same for the music though. :angry-nono: :laughing-rolling:

The zorst is the music Chas....

Like I said, must remember to shut the player off next time.:lol:

Back