Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

uploading videos?

Rodger, Clive et al,

We have some lift off.
I've got a 4 week trial of this, so far it looks ok if a bit clunky. I'll do some playing around with it in the coming weeks and see how it goes.

To view the gallery: http://www.landcruiserclub.net/forums/vbtube.php
To upload your own video http://www.landcruiserclub.net/forums/vbtube_add.php?do=up (use the test or misc category, I'll get them moved as I add categories.)

I'm going to see try an import all the existing videos to see how it behaves with lots.

Have a play, let me know how it goes.

Hi Crispin,

I should have some time this coming weekend to try uploading the video. Sorry for the delay but times are hectic.

Regards,

Hi Crispin,

I should have some time this coming weekend to try uploading the video. Sorry for the delay but times are hectic.

Regards,

Me too Cris. I did try a test upload but for some reason, after selecting the video file, watching it compress, then there was no upload button to press, as per instructions. I'll try again. Also I couldn't see how to upload them into a post, unless that's another mod you'll be doing later. This short clip is a trip up my lane, but uploaded using the old 'picture link' method. How do I use the new method from within a post like this?

Attachments

• trim.C02FF574-601D-4F99-B4B0-FD945D630285.MOV
    86.4 MB · Views: 121
Last edited:
And, after a few plays, it seems to stick part way through.... :icon-cry:

(Sorry about out the soundtrack, my 5 yr old watching Tom & Jerry cartoons in the back of the truck, my mrs calling the neighbor, and a sneeze finale!) :lol:

Last edited:
Hi Crispin,
My apologies for not trying to upload the video but as March dawned my book was launched and this year has been hectic - press, events and finally some awards, but that's another story.
For the past few months, until November, I found that I couldn't sign in and then when it did allow me I got taken to a far east 4x4 dealers, so immediately came out. However all seems to be working fine except I apparently cannot access 'the Pub' section, not that I am particularly worried but just wondered what was in it.

I will when I get the time in the near future try to upload the video.

Apologies again, but I will try.

Regards,

Hi Roger,

What's the book? (and congrats on the awards)

It's odd that you sign in and get taken to another website - that would suggest that there is something odd with your computer. Adware or malware installed perhaps. Glad that has stopped now though.

Let me know if you have any issues with the video.

CP

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Crispin,
I was only getting the 'divert' when I came to this forum. I run loads of anti malware, ads, etc software and clean down the computer once a week, but anyway it has stopped now.
My book is Street Rod & Custom Showtime. www.streetrodandcustomshowtime.net It's all about the first 20 years of hot rod shows in the UK (1963-82).

I will go through the instructions and try to upload the video. I'll let you know how I get on... either you'll be able to view it or the air will will be full of cries and wailing!

Regards,

Nice one Rodger.

Missed out on the shows, but I did spend a lot of time at SantaPod, so there were plenty of spectacles to see hear and feel there.

A good era to be sure, I wonder what happened to my CCC collection? Must have had dozens of them :lol:

Hi Crispin and Clive,

Just tried to upload the vid 'In the Rockies 2013' and it told me that the file was too big (163196Kb) but then I got an email from LCC -admin- but no message.

Clive, The main award the book got was from the BDRHoF (British Drag Racing Hall of Fame) and it was the Sydney Allard Media Award for written journalism. Black tie do at a hotel in Windsor Great Park with loads of names that would be familiar to you as a visitor to the Pod - Donna Garlits (Don was too ill to travel), Russ Carpenter, Stu Bradbury, Ken Cooper and so on. Great do, very honoured.

Regards,

It's all a dim and distant memory I'm afraid Rodger, 45 years ago, but as a 17 year old, the sights and sounds will live with me forever.

Mallory park became my favourite haunt, and I progressed (only as a spectator and helper) to transporting a friend's mini 850 circuit race car on a trailer behind my MK 1 Cortina Estate.

Of course, that had a 1600E engine with extractors and Webbers, V4 corsair transmission, rear axle and front suspension, servo disc brakes etc. The rear estate lever shocks were replaced with turret mounted sprung Spax shocks. You know the score :lol:

It took me into the paddocks at Mallory, Silverstone, Snetterton, Oulton Park, Croft and many others, which for me, was hugely exiting and influential.

That was the inspiration with us lads at the time, it drove everything we did with our vehicles. The custom era seemed to affect everything we thought about and did. Those days wont return, although there's plenty of guys restoring customizing and modifying old cars.

I'm going to try to get your book, it looks more like an encyclopedia than anything else!

Well done for producing it and even more, the accolades its received. You must be very proud.

Congratulations on the award Roger, the book sounds interesting, what is the title? I'll do a search for it'

Go back to post #47 Chas, there's a link to the order form...

Back