Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Urgent advice required on a CT26 (17201 17010) Turbo

could be worse Rich.you could have spent a full sunday sorting a couple of turbos out for them not to be needed ..... such as life.

Very true Karl but at least you’ve got two turbos sorted. :)

I have had a 4d56 mitsu running without it's turbo (slowest thing ever!) but had nothing loke the simptoms described...what I am trying to say, leave the turbo alone, if you remove the turbo all together, the engine will still work and move the car to a somewhat good speed. it will take longer only...this is true for gasoline cars with a turbo also (had a Colt once)...the turbo is not your problem fuel delivery might very well be your issue...all are saying valid points, but thinking that the turbo is indeed the problem, as I said before, drive it without getting it to above 1800RPMs and see if it fails, turbo starts at such engine speed...again, I apologize if something is not written correctly, spanish is my native tongue...

If you cannot find any problem straight away, also check the small filter that is inside the tank.
You said the car has been standing for 3 years, that is enough time to grow a large 'pillow' of bacteria and fungas in and around this pick up filter,enough pictures on the internet to check this.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back