Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Urgent hand brake help, i have spare parts!!!!!

JimmyLJ71

Taken my near side hand brake calipers apart today, found the activating arm was completely seized.
Now put it all back together and i have a spring left over :oops:
I cant remember were it goes :?

Can some one help me, it is a spring about 2inches long, the spring part is about one inch with a loop on one end, and an elongated hook on the other.

Where does it go :?:

hope i don't have to take it all apart again :angry-cussingwhite:

Easy way is to take of the other side and see where that spring is located :idea:

Yes i would do that, but it is getting late and its quite a big job getting to it, ie remove wheel, brake disc and calipers before i can even get access to the hand brake calipers. :thumbdown:

manual RM183 is what you want, hope these help. I think you are talking about the shoe return springs, you have to get the loops the right way round as per the bottom image

handbrake1.jpg

handbrake2.jpg

That is a handy drawing to have, many thanks for that, it was the little tension spring, there are two on the drawing.
My god is it a pig to put back together, mine isn't quite like that, i don't have the recesses in the hub, just a round disc with a tiny inspection hole, so everything is behind the disc, you try and get the hold down springs back on, there was a lot of swearing!!!!
Don't think i have those springs right, thought it wasn't working properly.

Back