Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Use of a dash cam could land you in jail.….!!!

Dash cams , internet , social media , all empower the people and who could possibly want to promote popular ideas ?

Incidentally, it is illlegal to have a screen that can be seen by the driver in France.
That includes satnavs, dashcams, phones etc
What about all these cars with screens built in....?

The dash cams that use gps to record speed and location could be a bit of a mixed blessing in this country too…..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Why don't they just ban cars then there wouldn't be any argument.
Careful what you wish for. That May yet come.
Fundamentally the problem is that legislation hasn’t kept up with society, dash cams play an important part in detecting insurance fraud, correctly apportioning blame, and prosecutions.

Incidentally, it is illlegal to have a screen that can be seen by the driver in France.
That includes satnavs, dashcams, phones etc

Evidently it is not a requirement of modern journalism that you are actually literate. One of the most badly written articles I’ve ever seen!

Do you have a cite for that? Because I think Satnavs are legal in France, they just aren't allowed to show speed cameras. The Renault hire car I had for work in Toulouse a couple of months ago had one fitted too.

Phones are very illegal, we were warned. Not even allowed hands free.

Do you have a cite for that? Because I think Satnavs are legal in France, they just aren't allowed to show speed cameras. The Renault hire car I had for work in Toulouse a couple of months ago had one fitted too.

I think it was on one of the motoring organisations websites, can’t remember now

It looks as though they’ve binned it, possibly as a result of in car screens. It was a few years ago I read about it, basically it was illegal to have any screen that could be seen by the driver (dash cams were set up to work without the screen in for this reason) but I can’t find any reference to it now so I guess it’s ok now.
Now we just need them all to catch up about dashcams!!

Back