Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Useful App to call 08 numbers free

StarCruiser

Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
uk
Just been notified of this app by a very helpful chap at 3. After spending 19 minutes on the phone to an 0845 number that cost over £8 I'll be using this from now on.

Just look for Weq4u
:)

I’ll have a look at this, maybe it overcomes the problem of UK 0800 numbers not being recognized, when calling from overseas... :think:

Always useful to know Clive like you having to call the UK for things every so often and having costing more its always a pain.

I'd had to find out the local numbers for most that help next time around but some you can't avoid.

Will try this out thanks Richard :thumbup:

Always useful to know Clive like you having to call the UK for things every so often and having costing more its always a pain.

I'd had to find out the local numbers for most that help next time around but some you can't avoid.

Will try this out thanks Richard :thumbup:

I’ve had to do the same. Mostly its not the cost of the call that irks me, it’s simply that 0800 numbers are often the only means by which you can call a bank or investment / insurance type company, and they simply don’t work from overseas.

You then have to fight like hell to find a proper phone number, and only then do they keep you on hold for 40 minutes, racking up an international call bill :angry-screaming:

Another good thing about this app apparently it lets you know when you've reached the front of the queue. Not tried it yet but it's got loads of 5 star reviews.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
We use a mobile as a house phone on 02 payg, 3p min 2p per text, much cheaper than BT
Just downloaded the app on that & my mobile mobile if you see what i mean, lol

Thanks for the heads up Rich.:thumbup:

Back