Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Valve/Rocker Cover Gasket

Paul

Garage
Country Flag
england
Need to replace mine as leaking but wondered if I need any extra gaskets for the intake pipe that goes over the top of it or is it sealed with RTV Sealant instead?

24v Auto

The crossover pipe has gaskets paul.

I've always used the old cross over pipe gaskets with just a smear of silicone sealer. Several times now. I've always used the old rocker cover gasket as well but it went hard and leaked so I bought a new one and the 12 bolts but I should have just used the old bolts as the seal on the new ones looked the same condition.

I thought the gasket kit contains both gaskets? Maybe check with Simon H.

You might be able to buy a kit but each gasket has a separate part number.

I have ordered a gasket from Roughtrax and emailed about the other gaskets and they said to go to a Toyota dealer, will probably use RTV to reassemble and see how it goes.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ive put the crossover pipe back before with original gaskets and not had a problem. There the rather good metal ones.

although, of course its good practice to use new ones.

Well, ordered the extra gaskets from the dealer so we will see how it goes........

While changing the coolant today and waiting for it to heat up I had the ratchet in my hand and as I was waiting I checked the tightness of the rocker cover bolts and some needed a tweak but some were actually loose so went round them all and tightened them up, might work and might not, I suppose time will tell. :pray:

Cleaned down with brake cleaner so I can see.

Back