Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

VDJ 200 Shifting to L4

B1RD1E

Country Flag
australia
VDJ 200 shifting is achieved with an electric motor that slides a gear rack forward for high, and back for low. These components are inside the left side of the gear case, 6 bolts on the cover plate. There are 3 small curved metallic strips inside that transfer power to the small reversing electric motor.....my vehicle refused to shift to low.....there was an arc burn mark on the strips, when removed, the motor worked again
However, part of the removal involves loss of sequence for a quadrant gear....now the shifter motor works but the gear rack refuses to achieve high range, it is in neutral or low.
There is no available information on this anywhere, no mechanic is conversant with this.....

This vehicle previously had a complete transmission neutral event, no drive, reverse or park. This may be why the contacts were burnt.

At least I now know how to manually shift the rack back to high or low if it happens again

I am interested to know if your members have a solution or experienced this before

Back