Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

VDJ79 - occasionally goes into temporary 'limp mode' under heavy acceleration

tyron_r

Country Flag
australia
Hi,
I have just bought a 2010 VDJ79R v8 turbo diesel ute. First thing I did was fit a 3" exhaust and tunit chip which made a huge difference. My only issue is that if I accelerate too hard, with or without the chip connected, sometimes it just stops making power like it goes into limp mode until I back off the pedal for a few seconds and then power is back to normal, I do not need to stop or restart the engine to fix this.

This usually occurs when accelerating with fast gear changes (I.E 2nd gear to 3rd gear at 2500RPM in like half a second and then straight back on the accelerator). I know it's no race car but sometimes hard acceleration is necessary to keep up with traffic or when accelerating up an on ramp to a freeway, where this has occurred.

Thanks in advance

I don't know your engine but a leaking vacuum pipe , this throws up a check engine light on my 90 and i will assume with the onslaught of technology nannying the driver on more modern engines replaces the light with a limp ?

Thanks Shayne, no check engine light or anything. Might take the ute past a mechanic with a scan tool.

Back